Do you use rtings.com to determine which TV you will cop?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Man, I don't know if I trust that site's opinions. Like yesterday I was at bestbuy looking at the Samsung MU8500. The picture looked immaculate. I go check rtings.com and they said the picture was average at best :gucci:. They also said Samsung and Sony are better brands than LG (outside of the OLED), but I've always liked LG the most, though Samsung is creeping up.

Anyways y'all trust that shyt?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man, I don't know if I trust that site's opinions. Like yesterday I was at bestbuy looking at the Samsung MU8500. The picture looked immaculate. I go check rtings.com and they said the picture was average at best :gucci:. They also said Samsung and Sony are better brands than LG (outside of the OLED), but I've always liked LG the most, though Samsung is creeping up.

Anyways y'all trust that shyt?
Sony and Samsung are better than LG outside of OLED. Samsung has been better in most of the 4K era but Sony is back up there.

I wouldn't buy an LG outside of OLED. Most LG TVs are IPS panels and that means the colors don't shift off angle but the blacks are terrible.

With Samsung if it isn't a Q7 or better than I'd pass. I'd have to have that Quantum dot set if I'm going with them. Typically If I'm buying a TV it's probably gonna be at least within 3 models of the flagship. Usually once you get past the 3rd model (usually the second) from the flagship you lose many of the best features. 1-2 models away and you're still getting most of them. The flagship is usually crazy expensive I almost never buy them. 2 models down from that and you can get a 55 in for about $1500 or so. That's usually the sweet spot. On clearance you can do even better.

Take LG for example. The W7 is the flagship, the G7 is the next step down and the E7, C7, and B7 are all pretty much the same TV except the E7 has a build in soundbar the C7 has a black frame and the B7 has a silver frame but they're all the same panel. Once you get past the B7 which is essentially 2 models away from the flagship you've lost all their best features and you've lost OLED and you're getting an IPS panel TV. IPS panels are great for laptops not so much for TVs.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Sony and Samsung are better than LG outside of OLED. Samsung has been better in most of the 4K era but Sony is back up there.

I wouldn't buy an LG outside of OLED. Most LG TVs are IPS panels and that means the colors don't shift off angle but the blacks are terrible.

With Samsung if it isn't a Q7 or better than I'd pass. I'd have to have that Quantum dot set if I'm going with them. Typically If I'm buying a TV it's probably gonna be at least within 3 models of the flagship. Usually once you get past the 3rd model (usually the second) from the flagship you lose many of the best features. 1-2 models away and you're still getting most of them. The flagship is usually crazy expensive I almost never buy them. 2 models down from that and you can get a 55 in for about $1500 or so. That's usually the sweet spot. On clearance you can do even better.

Take LG for example. The W7 is the flagship, the G7 is the next step down and the E7, C7, and B7 are all pretty much the same TV except the E7 has a build in soundbar the C7 has a black frame and the B7 has a silver frame but they're all the same panel. Once you get past the B7 which is essentially 2 models away from the flagship you've lost all their best features and you've lost OLED and you're getting an IPS panel TV. IPS panels are great for laptops not so much for TVs.
Hi..please link me to a good 4k uhd Samsung tv. I need a 55 inch.

Budget is 500 to 1000

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They're respected enough to warrant a look, but I think they miss some important things. For instance, Samsung TVs have a problem with Xbox 1s. They can't understand what the xbox is doing and this results in stuttering. Also, Sony TVs have a problem with syncing audio. I really would have liked to have known this before buying the TV

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
I used em with my recent purchase. That user reviews and your own eyes/research won't fail you.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They are pretty thorough. Copped my last two TVs based on their reviews. Haven't steered me wrong yet.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what rtings is, so no. If/when I get a new TV, I'll prolly consult a few reviews.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All you really need is AVS

Alot of those sites like rtings and cnet are biased and stan the same companies every year

AVS threads will give you all the info you need

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hi..please link me to a good 4k uhd Samsung tv. I need a 55 inch.

Budget is 500 to 1000
The 2017 Samsungs aren’t worth it breh

Best bang for your buck is either the Sony 900e or Vizio P series

Amazon just had the 55” Sony on sale for $997 but I think its over

Regular price is $1197

The 55” Vizio is $880

Last edited: