Do you think shy male anime/cartoon characters are ruining millenials?

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I think if there were less Ash Ketchums and more Gary Oaks there would be less virginity, in Japan especially. I know I grew up shy and I related to these characters a lot but nikkas around me were not shy at all. I spent much of my time reading manga and watching anime in high school and not getting laid at all. All changed when I got laid in college, but now these male characters disgust me, I can't watch anime anymore because of these blushing ass nikkas on my TV.

What do ya'll think?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting thread op.

In 80's and early 90s the typical anime hero has a lot more traditionally manly traits. They were usually hot blooded, straightforward mentally strong, good natured and confident. Characters like Goku and Ushio (from ushio and tora) were the prototype for characters theme wise. And artistically they looked like
3301380-184837.jpg

ceb34e7c11b430f389cd85ebe8a1fa15.jpg

IDK if it's art imitating life or the other way around but it seemed like in the late 90's early 2000s edgy there was a shift in anime stylistically and thematically. Depressed emo characters became the wave, main characters started to be drawn as skinny pretty boys and any large muscular boastful man in anime was usually a goon or mid-level boss who get's physically overpowered by a prettyboy or a girl. At some point most anime characters looked like a version of this

latest

I mean peep the shift. 90's goku

5466597-1690314105-goku_.png

vs 2017 goku

maxresdefault.jpg

Which is all fine and good. But the thing with the tortured depressed prettyboy angle that you don't live in an anime.

- Anime women are fascinated by the brooding anti hero yet irl people let you wallow in misery alone
-Sasuke looks like he never did a pushup in his life and can throw lighting at ppl who press him...you can't
-Tenchi can be an awkward oblivious lame and still maintain a harem of women fighting for his attention....but dudes as awkward as tenchi irl don't have women coming from space to be a harem member

Not to mention the cultural differences in anime as well....I can see how identifying with some of these can fukk you up with unrealistic expectations. Luckily the only anime character that rubbed off on me was the GOAT and his deranged amount of self confidence

latest

Can't ask for a better role model :wow: only anime my kid allowed to watch is One Piece till he turns 18

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Interesting thread op.

In 80's and early 90s the typical anime hero has a lot more traditionally manly traits. They were usually hot blooded, straightforward mentally strong, good natured and confident. Characters like Goku and Ushio (from ushio and tora) were the prototype for characters theme wise. And artistically they looked like
3301380-184837.jpg

ceb34e7c11b430f389cd85ebe8a1fa15.jpg

IDK if it's art imitating life or the other way around but it seemed like in the late 90's early 2000s edgy there was a shift in anime stylistically and thematically. Depressed emo characters became the wave, main characters started to be drawn as skinny pretty boys and any large muscular boastful man in anime was usually a goon or mid-level boss who get's physically overpowered by a prettyboy or a girl. At some point most anime characters looked like a version of this

latest

I mean peep the shift. 90's goku

5466597-1690314105-goku_.png

vs 2017 goku

maxresdefault.jpg

Which is all fine and good. But the thing with the tortured depressed prettyboy angle that you don't live in an anime.

- Anime women are fascinated by the brooding anti hero yet irl people let you wallow in misery alone
-Sasuke looks like he never did a pushup in his life and can throw lighting at ppl who press him...you can't
-Tenchi can be an awkward oblivious lame and still maintain a harem of women fighting for his attention....but dudes as awkward as tenchi irl don't have women coming from space to be a harem member

Not to mention the cultural differences in anime as well....I can see how identifying with some of these can fukk you up with unrealistic expectations. Luckily the only anime character that rubbed off on me was the GOAT and his deranged amount of self confidence

latest

Can't ask for a better role model :wow: only anime my kid allowed to watch is One Piece till he turns 18
I feel like Lelouch had an intersting balance. He dominated with his mind he was like Batman.