Do you think James Cameron will hit 3 Billy with Avatar 2?

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
box office do you think he will hit the first ever 3 Billion box office

he was able to regain from Endgame the top spot.. Avatar sitting at 2.847

Avatar: The Way of Water is said to have groundbreaking new tech like underwater motion cap, but i don't know if it will be the event the first Avatar was

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The teaser trailer was underwhelming as hell…

Its James Cameron so I won’t predict an outright flop. But times have changed since 2009. We’ve seen the birth of the MCU, The Birth Of The DCEU, The Return Of Star Wars, The Return Of Jurassic Park, The Return Of The Matrix, etc. Without the curiosity spectacle of 3D whats the “hook” for Avatar? Its not like the first one is regarded as some all time classic like Matrix or Jurassic Park, where the nostalgia factor will guarantee a built in audience. Its not like the characters are beloved to the point where audiences are chopping at the bit to revisit Jake & Neytiri like they were for Luke & Leia. There’s no built in mythology like the MCU & DCEU.

I’m struggling to see what the driving force for these sequels are besides James Cameron, who might be enough to do Top Gun numbers. But Three Billie? Naw

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The teaser trailer was underwhelming as hell…

Its James Cameron so I won’t predict an outright flop. But times have changed since 2009. We’ve seen the birth of the MCU, The Birth Of The DCEU, The Return Of Star Wars, The Return Of Jurassic Park, The Return Of The Matrix, etc. Without the curiosity spectacle of 3D whats the “hook” for Avatar? Its not like the first one is regarded as some all time classic like Matrix or Jurassic Park, where the nostalgia factor will guarantee a built in audience. Its not like the characters are beloved to the point where audiences are chopping at the bit to revisit Jake & Neytiri like they were for Luke & Leia. There’s no built in mythology like the MCU & DCEU.

I’m struggling to see what the driving force for these sequels are besides James Cameron, who might be enough to do Top Gun numbers. But Three Billie? Naw
Ive been saying even if this hits a billy but not much more, it'll be a flop.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No movie might hit 3 billion again.
A lot of factors are at play for a movie to even hit 2 billion.
With that being said Way of the Water should hit 1.5 billion easily.