Do you think a live-action version of Robin (the Batman) can work, or is the character just too goofy?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm talking about the Batman sidekick. So not Nightwing, but the actual Robin version of the character.

Most modern Batman movies just straight up avoid the Robin character. Dark Knight Trilogy never had a Robin, The Batman has no Robin (at least yet), DCEU Batman (Affleck) never had a Robin onscreen (I know he had one in his backstory, but that Robin was never shown). Last time we really had a live action Robin (I'm not counting TV shows...though I should get back into that TItans show) was Batman & Robin. I can understand the reluctance.

The reason is that Robin is just seen as too goofy of a character to work in a serious Batman movie. Plus putting a kid in danger would be seen as questionable.

So do you think they should keep avoiding this character in live-action? Or do you think the right writer/director could make Robin work for modern audiences?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
a comic book accurate Robin set in a realistic universe. Which most of these recent Batman movies are in. Would look silly unless he’s in his late teens-early 20s. Now in an unrealistic movie universe a young Robin. Would literally be Hit-Girl without the killing.
Hitgirl.gif