Do you have inflammation?

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was making gains and everything seemed to be going fine after my workout last monday but my right shoulder started to act like a bytch :to:

Its not painful but I feel it and so I'm just letting it chill for now. I'm about to just stop doing bench press and find another way :to:

Anyways, how do you handle or get rid of it?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248423.php

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just train through it. Iam taking 'animal supplements' and swallow about 30 pills a day though,so it probably dulls it. I just find say my shoulder hurts for instance I just carry on and in a week it has gone. Goes against all modern day advice I know.Most gutsy thing I ever done, was I completely fukked my left knee without warning doing squats, and I had lunges to do next,but I just thought fukk it, if it's fucjked it;s fukked and did one lunge,it hurt like a bytch, but I grinded through it, and by the end I had zero pain in my knee. Iam no physio but the lunges must have stretched it out or popped something back into place, as before I did that my knee was in flames merely lifting a barbell from the squat rack.

The gym I go to,pretty much everyone carries injuries, and you get looked down on if you cry off,as it's a old style bodybuilding/powerlifting gym, my blood stains are still on the squat rack where I cracked my head one time and thought the blood was sweat,they have never been wiped off, they are a reminder to me and others . Once I realised I finished my workout and then went up the hospital to get my head glued back together. Felt dizzy I can tell you,but thats how you earn your place in my gym that and bench pressing while someone is teabagging you but that is a whole other discussion . We had a guy doing full workouts while on chemo. Another guy completely tore his hamstring ,not in the gym ironically, and his leg was fukking purple he never missed a workout. But we have people entering competitions down my gym, some win,if they rested after every little strain or sprain they would not have won , Iam currently training for a regional, and that is what it takes. To build the body of your dreams.

You are either made for this life or you are not. Much of it is psychological, ask arnold. How much do you want to keep those gains? Are you prepared to swallow ibuprofen like smarties ? and perhaps have some sleepless nights due to shoulder pain? .

If it is was me,I would make a point of getting off the computer now, and going to the gym and doing the bench press. and doing a very hard shoulder workout to let my body know who is boss. Up to you. I would make those weights my bytch.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I've mentioned it in other threads but try yoga. Open your chest spreading your shoulders back while letting them drop. Make sure you're not tensing them up. There's a lot more yoga poses that will draw tension away. And ice them is an easier way of relieving the inflammation.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Don't listen to hypo, that attitude will get you snapped up and clapped up

Inflammation and chronic pain are your body saying ' hey nikka stop doin dat'

Trying to plow through it to impress internet strangers is not very smart. You could snap something or do long term soft tissue damage

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
everyone is lying to you!!

Read this:
http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/foam-rolling

Foam rolling is what you need to do
you can also buy a ball with plastic spikes on it and sit on it moving your ass all around all over it

100_When_to_Foam_Roll.jpg

Foam rolling likely acts by reducing neural inhibition due to accelerated recovery of the connective tissue as a result of decreased inflammation and increased mitochondria biogenesis, decreasing nociceptor activation, allowing for better communication from afferent receptors in the connective tissue

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/biom...ur-body-aligned-pain-free-and-healthy.234058/

Movement, compression, massage to release muscles and fascia and rest.

Becoming a Supple Leopard is a book to check out.

If you can't figure it out on your own, go to a person that practices ART (active release technique) or MAT (muscle activation technique).or someone who practives OMT (osteopathic maniuplative treatment).

His channel is full of useful info and demonstrations.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Been dealing with bicep tendonitis, golfers elbow and tricep tendonitis for a few months now. Met with an ART practitioner, had 3 sessions, he even performed graston in one of the sessions. Golfers elbow and tricep tendonitis seem to be resolved. The bicep tendinits however just doesn't want to go away. It's a very annoying predicament. His advice was getting a lacrosse ball, and rolling over the area while facing the wall to resolve any tightness or muscle adhesions. My plan going forward is ice after workouts to reduce sudden inflammation and apply heat over the course of the day to improve blood flow. I'm also taking Cissus and Animal flex. I will not surrender to this shyt:birdman:. I'm way too young to be sidelined:mjcry:

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Yeah I get shoulder pain.
And my elbows I get tennis elbow or w/e sometimes

Take it easy, not resting it enough will just prolong the pain and inflamation