Do you guys feel that 'proper' language is a sign of ones intelligence?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
People love to say "i dont talk white, i talk intelligent" but in reality your grammar and how well you speak a certain language doesnt make you smart.

If Isaac Newton went to Mexico and tried to speak broken spanish, would he be called an idiot because he isnt using proper grammar or using that language correctly?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
yes

If you want bad white girls, it's a must

Why do you say yes?

Can someone link me to a good read explaining the origins of language?
Is there even really a thing called perfect English? The Queen of England and Barack Obama talk mad differently from each other, yet they both use proper english.
Is it safe to say that people just hate ebonics because it was started by blacks?

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
spanish wouldnt be isaac newton's first language so its excusable :heh: but if english is your first language and you cant even speak it properly :ufdup: and im not talkin bout all the time; its one thing to be choppin it up with the homies and another thing to be in a job interview, corporate setting, or meeting strangers

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
spanish wouldnt be isaac newton's first language so its excusable :heh: but if englis is your first language and you cant even speak it properly :ufdup: and im not talkin bout all the time; its one thing to be choppin it up with the homies and another thing to be in a job interview, corporate setting, or meeting strangers

That's common sense. Plus you don't even have to use proper english to get a job, just change the tone of your voice to sound white. A lot of hoodrats get jobs easily, they dont go from talking like new new off ATL to talking like some Harvard Scholar, all they do is change the pitch in their voice.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope, just a sign of your ability to express yourself clearly. If you wanna get anywhere in the world it's a pretty valuable skill to have.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Learn the basic set of rules. Having the skill is a must, after that you express yourself how you see fit. It's more a sign of having a command of correctness and social aptitude, which is even more important for success than actual brain power in many ways.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
That's common sense. Plus you don't even have to use proper english to get a job, just change the tone of your voice to sound white. A lot of hoodrats get jobs easily, they dont go from talking like new new off ATL to talking like some Harvard Scholar, all they do is change the pitch in their voice.

So u think the pitch of your voice is a form of proper language? :childplease:

I'm done with this thread....Plus this is a Race Track thread.

S7zoZ.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I know geniuses who speak shytty english. I know peope who speak real proper who are afraid to go anywhere where theres no starbucks or target in a 5 mile radius. I know people who speak proper but their tone of voice makes you realize they are not to be fukked with. I know peope who speak proper who never graduated high school.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The idea of proper English is the most retarded thing ever
This. shyt sound stupid cause all this "proper" english is sounding like Tiger woods in most cases esp when dealing with black people. That by itself makes these clowns look like the self hating dopes. Maybe if people were talking about sounding like people from England I would have a different opinion but how "proper" english is usually used I think all people that say it should be :piss: on for being soooo fukking stupid to get pulled in yet another way people try to seperate us from each other.