Do you eat salad before or after your workout?

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Do you eat salad (or whatever you eat) before or after you workout? I've been working out for about 7 months now, and I've been eating after I workout.

But, I was recently told it might actually be better to eat salad before I do my workout because it gives my body more energy to workout.

So, based off your experience, what works better? Or does it not matter? Or, perhaps, is it better to eat a salad beforehand and then eat something like a sandwhich after you workout?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neither...I'll eat salad every blue moon...I usually workout out on an empty stomach in the early morning.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
No salad does not give your body the protein it needs to rebuild after working out. You would be better off consuming a protein shake or some chicken to be honest. Plus the energy from a salad is not gonna power you through your mainly because there aren't enough macros in salad to give you enough calories to burn especially if you eatin a prime vegetarian type salad.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Typically, the closer you eat to your session beforehand, the more your want to prioritize quick absorbing food sources. Last thing you want is cramping and nausea. The person that recommended you salad for a pre-workout should have their advice taken with a large grain of salt from here on out.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Typically, the closer you eat to your session beforehand, the more your want to prioritize quick absorbing food sources. Last thing you want is cramping and nausea. The person that recommended you salad for a pre-workout should have their advice taken with a large grain of salt from here on out.
Nothing says gains like the finest romaine

semtex

:)
Daps
Salad is light enough that you can eat it beforehand so it won't make you feel sluggish

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
My heaviest meal is dinner, so I workout early in the morning on an empty stomach still feeling energized from last nights meal.