Do you consider Terra to be the main character of Final Fantasy 6?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve seen her described as the main character and she represents the game through Dissidia but other than that and being on all the marketing I don’t understand why should be be considered a main character.

You start the game with her and 10 minutes later lose control of her, then you lose control of her a few more hours into the game, and again before the world of ruin. By the second half of the game she becomes an optional character.

I feel like the only character that could described as a main character in this game is Celes.

celes_looking_at_the_blackjack_by_zano_d8kaz1w-375w.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve seen her described as the main character and she represents the game through Dissidia but other than that and being on all the marketing I don’t understand why should be be considered a main character.

You start the game with her and 10 minutes later lose control of her, then you lose control of her a few more hours into the game, and again before the world of ruin. By the second half of the game she becomes an optional character.

I feel like the only character that could described as a main character in this game is Celes.

celes_looking_at_the_blackjack_by_zano_d8kaz1w-375w.jpg
You don't get Celes until like halfway through the first half of the game.

And yes, Terra is the mail character, albeit this is one of, if not the most ensemble cast FF game in the series rather than being an outright main protagonist.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You don't get Celes until like halfway through the first half of the game.

And yes, Terra is the mail character, albeit this is one of, if not the most ensemble cast FF game in the series rather than being an outright main protagonist.

You get celes during Lockes scenario which is just a few hours into the game, especially if Locke is the first person you pick in the split scenario. I’d even go as far to say she has more story segments dedicated to her than Terra does

:jbhmm:

I guess so. I never thought about it like that.
everything kind of revolves around her though

Only for the first half of the game.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
I say terra. Celes is #2 tho

Terra mostly because the game revolves around espers and shes a half human esper hybrid. Without her the espers wouldnt even fukk with your team, she gives them cred. Shes the key to everyone getting magic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I say terra. Celes is #2 tho

Terra mostly because the game revolves around espers and shes a half human esper hybrid. Without her the espers wouldnt even fukk with your team, she gives them cred. Shes the key to everyone getting magic.

Thats true.

She kind of reminds me of the FF6 equivilent of Aerith though. Like Aerith is the key to the ancients and finding out about the deeper connection to the lifestream and who ultimatly saves you.

The only difference is you never really get to control her

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I suppose the proper answer is yes, because the game really does center around her.

But real ones know the REAL main character is Sabin, and FFVI is a story about a young man living out his dream to suplex a ghost train, and the world trying and failing miserably to present him with a greater challenge once he does.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The real answer is Kefka :youngsabo:

The game is really about a young, disgruntled Empire General's quest for true power. He was adopted as a boy by Emperor Gestahl and experimented on as a child until he could learn magic. He loses his sanity as a result. Despite this over time he rises through the ranks to become on of the Top Generals of the Empire even General Leo (what a hater) disapproves of his extremely efficient tactics. I mean why get into nasty skirmishes when you can just poison an entire castle's water supply, who cares if it kills women, children, POWs. Every so often this ragtag group of ne'er do wells consisting of a half esper girl who used to be under his control, a thief, a womanizing prince, a meathead who throws trains, a traitor to the empire, some mopey samurai who is mad at because I may have poisoned his wife and kid a ninja, a grandpa, a gambling addict, some annoying kid who barks like a dog, a tranny, a moogle and a yeti keep harassing him

Once he gets (tricks) the Emperor into opening the Esper World. He can just kill them all and absorb their remains and gain all the magical power he needs. So for shyts and giggles (why not) he upset the delicate balance of the world causing a cataclysm that kills hundreds of thousands of if not millions.

So now he becomes a benevolent god of this new world of ruin blessing towns with laser beams and lightning bolts if they don't pay tribute (or even if they do). That is until these evil upstarts band together to knock him off his divine throne and try to move on with their lives.

:troll:

Terra might be a distant 2nd.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The real answer is Kefka :youngsabo:

The game is really about a young, disgruntled Empire General's quest for true power. He was adopted as a boy by Emperor Gestahl and experimented on as a child until he could learn magic. He loses his sanity as a result. Despite this over time he rises through the ranks to become on of the Top Generals of the Empire even General Leo (what a hater) disapproves of his extremely efficient tactics. I mean why get into nasty skirmishes when you can just poison an entire castle's water supply, who cares if it kills women, children, POWs. Every so often this ragtag group of ne'er do wells consisting of a half esper girl who used to be under his control, a thief, a womanizing prince, a meathead who throws trains, a traitor to the empire, some mopey samurai who is mad at because I may have poisoned his wife and kid a ninja, a grandpa, a gambling addict, some annoying kid who barks like a dog, a tranny, a moogle and a yeti keep harassing him

Once he gets (tricks) the Emperor into opening the Esper World. I can just kill them all and absorb their remains and gain all the magical power he need. So for shyts and giggles (why not) he upset the delicate balance of the world causing a cataclysm that kills hundreds of thousands of if not millions.

So now he becomes a benevolent god of this new world of ruin blessing town with laser beams and lightning bolts if they don't pay tribute (or even if they do). That is until these evil upstarts band together to knock him off his divine throne and try to move on with their lives.

:troll:

Terra might be a distant 2nd.

I do hope when they eventually remake it they give Kefka more of backstory, like Joker
4EUj.gif

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Damn I never really thought about who the protagonist is outside of Terra and Locke.

Celes does get A LOT of screen time. the opera house, the 2nd world. You know her struggles and who she is. She isn't the Chosen one or the Big Bad, but she's a very good viewpoint of the story. The more I think about it the more Celes may be the right answer.

Kefka is an interesting answer. You see him throughout the whole story at the very end and his impact is obvious. I'd like to see more argument for this viewpoint.

6 is the GOAT :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Celes does get A LOT of screen time. the opera house, the 2nd world. You know her struggles and who she is. She isn't the Chosen one or the Big Bad, but she's a very good viewpoint of the story. The more I think about it the more Celes may be the right answer.

And

• She has an entire completed character arc, one of the few who do
  • She’s the only one who has a romance in the game (aside from Locke of course)