Do you consider Strictly Business starring Waymon Tisdale a classic?

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Classic for Halle alone but as for the movie itself is it something you can watch over and over again

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
Was the main character named after the bball player/musician or was it jus a random coincidence?

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I just recently seen this for the 1st time like a year ago...

That shyt never came on cable, had to download it...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This was OG face Halle when she was fresh and new. This is the movie I fell in love with her. I use to always get this and Livin Large with TC Carson (aka Kratos/Kyle Barker) confused with one another. I hated that corny ass guy in this though. He was Gina's ex Derrick in Martin and was corny back then.

I remember LL's video for this though back in 91. Damn I miss when black movies use to actually get promo'd and had videos with clips of the movie throughout.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
This was OG face Halle when she was fresh and new. This is the movie I fell in love with her. I use to always get this and Livin Large with TC Carson (aka Kratos/Kyle Barker) confused with one another. I hated that corny ass guy in this though. He was Gina's ex Derrick in Martin and was corny back then.

I remember LL's video for this though back in 91. Damn I miss when black movies use to actually get promo'd and had videos with clips of the movie throughout.

The black cinema resurgence of the early 90s was :blessed:
Juice, Strictly Business, Martin, Wayan Bros, New Jack City and the gem which is Passenger 57

Great times :myman:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was going to say it's a hood classic, but the more I think of it it's not. It's a good movie but it's not a must see or something that everybody has in their collection.

That prime Halle Berry though :noah:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

That LL record was almost a death knell for him.
I hated this LL record.
It was one of his worst sellout moments coupled with his movie for solo being complete garbage, too.
Past that, duke in the movie was Lisa bonet's husband and raven symmone's pops in the Cosby show.
He was a cosby leading man hopeful but everyone type cast him and rightfully so.
It would be funny if he was like the chappelle show version of Wayne Brady in real life tho. Or always playing the hood guy like Braxton from Jaime Foxx was always cast before Jaime fox used him right. I would find that hilarious.

This is when the love affair for Halle began for everyone tho.
This and her death in the Damon wayon movie put her over back then.

Art Barr