• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • nope

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
some people use steam refunds to essentially demo a game. if the game doesn't catch their interest within 1 hour, they just refund it

kinda sheisty but I get it :francis:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
some people use steam refunds to essentially demo a game. if the game doesn't catch their interest within 1 hour, they just refund it

kinda sheisty but I get it :francis:
How is that sheisty :gucci: in most instances of commerce you get to try before you buy, why in videogames are you just supposed to hold your L if you bought some shyt you didn't like? If they wanted to avoid buyer's remorse refunds they should drop a demo or stfu.

Now I'll tell you what IS sheisty. GameStop had a policy on used games where you had like a week or 2 to return them for a full refund. I don't know if they've changed it since but for YEARS I was running through single player games and beating them inside the return window and would just get all my money back :manny: only reason I stopped doing it is because i completely bushed all forms of physical media; haven't bought a videogame disc since 360.

People would buy games new day 1, and within the week they would return it (holding their L and getting less than half of what they paid), thereby rendering me a used copy to eat for free :mjlol: I felt like I found a real life hack with that shyt. A lotta suckers were sacrificed in the name of Broke Boy Gaming.

I've been BBG way before the acronym

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm definitely more willing to refund games then I used to be. There are some games back in the day I wish I did refund as soon as I realized the issues they had.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Yeah but I wouldn’t call it abuse.

If a game is trash, I’m refunding. I don’t play games with the system though. It’s strictly transactional. I don’t even ask for cash, I’ll fukk with steam credit :yeshrug:

Not their fault the game wasn’t up to par.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How is that sheisty :gucci: in most instances of commerce you get to try before you buy, why in videogames are you just supposed to hold your L if you bought some shyt you didn't like? If they wanted to avoid buyer's remorse refunds they should drop a demo or stfu.

Now I'll tell you what IS sheisty. GameStop had a policy on used games where you had like a week or 2 to return them for a full refund. I don't know if they've changed it since but for YEARS I was running through single player games and beating them inside the return window and would just get all my money back :manny: only reason I stopped doing it is because i completely bushed all forms of physical media; haven't bought a videogame disc since 360.

People would buy games new day 1, and within the week they would return it (holding their L and getting less than half of what they paid), thereby rendering me a used copy to eat for free :mjlol: I felt like I found a real life hack with that shyt. A lotta suckers were sacrificed in the name of Broke Boy Gaming.

I've been BBG way before the acronym
I never pulled that move on Gamestop but there was a guy on this site a few years back that essentially gave you coupon for something like 60% off games if you gave him 10 bucks. I forget how it worked but you could essentially get full priced games for 25 or 30 bucks after all the transactions had been made. I ate off that for 2 or 3 years until dude disappeared. LOL.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I did it the first week they implemented it , then stopped.

but you reminded me I recently bought 2 games that are just not fun ( one is still early-access so maybe later on ) so imma get a refund for those.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think I requested one game for refund on issues even getting it to start.

Otherwise I just have a backlog of stuff I've never played.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think I requested one game for refund on issues even getting it to start.

Otherwise I just have a backlog of stuff I've never played.
:dead: at you still having me in your sig, as PS5 SSD has proven to be nothing but hype and still nobody advertising their ram with i/o throughout numbers

Sony stan’s dumb as fukk:mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
VFEv1zp.gif

Homer-Listening-to-Flanders.gif