• Total voters

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
No

You're not actually doing anything about the bacteria, you're just spreading it around

Cooking it properly kills the bacteria

People need to worry about sanitizing their utensils and anything that comes in contact with the raw meat

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i only buy chicken or steak thats vacuum sealed in marinades. it wouldnt occur to me to run it under some fukkin tap water before im about to throw it onto a burning pan :dead:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I'd think it would be better to wash it before cooking, seasoning, marinating etc, due to the fact that you really don't know how clean or how they handle the product. for all you know you could be eating something that fell off the floors of the butcher or meat department's floors. shyt like that happens, so i'll always wash, pat dry to remove all the excess liquid to prevent the meat from turning to rubber if you cook it.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wash chicken out of habit but it’s probably one of the dumbest and most pointless things you can do in food prep :yeshrug:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Rinse fish and chicken and pork under cold filtered water for a few seconds then get into seasoning. Just something my mom always did, so now I do it.

And I am hyperaware of cross contamination, so the rinsing isn't an issue.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just asked my girl if she washes meat and she said yeah she washes everything including....steaks.

No wonder her steaks are always garbage and she can never get the temperature right. She’s trying to sear soaking wet meat.:picard:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I'd think it would be better to wash it before cooking, seasoning, marinating etc, due to the fact that you really don't know how clean or how they handle the product. for all you know you could be eating something that fell off the floors of the butcher or meat department's floors. shyt like that happens, so i'll always wash, pat dry to remove all the excess liquid to prevent the meat from turning to rubber if you cook it.

Ok lets assume it fell or was somehow tainted...
rinsing it with water doesnt do fukking anything! If anything all you've done is spread the germs/bacteria! :mindblown:

Even if you go the surface bacteria off, there would most likely be a host of other bacteria below the surface (meat cuts are porous, you cant cleanall the bacteria out). Washing is pointless and youre spreading what could be mega bacteria all over your meat, sink, counter tops, plates, utensils, etc.

Understand, if you dont use anti bacterial on something its gonna be COVERED with germs.

People confuse our own hygiene habits as something that should apply to everything.

Humans only bathe with water mostly to be presentable to other humans. Otherwise we're walking germ factories. And notice even WE dont use anti bacterial in bath soup because it can be toxic and would weaken our immunity.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Ok lets assume it fell or was somehow tainted...
rinsing it with water doesnt do fukking anything! If anything all you've done is spread the germs/bacteria! :mindblown:

Even if you go the surface bacteria off, there would most likely be a host of other bacteria below the surface (meat cuts are porous, you cant cleanall the bacteria out). Washing is pointless and youre spreading what could be mega bacteria all over your meat, sink, counter tops, plates, utensils, etc.

Understand, if you dont use anti bacterial on something its gonna be COVERED with germs.

People confuse our own hygiene habits as something that should apply to everything.

Humans only bathe with water mostly to be presentable to other humans. Otherwise we're walking germ factories. And notice even WE dont use anti bacterial in bath soup because it can be toxic and would weaken our immunity.

Yea probably won't get rid of all the bacteria not that it would anyways because what you explained, but I'd still rinse any kind of meat and patting it dry before even considering cooking, marinating or anything of that nature. I just wouldn't be able to cook or marinate anything straight out the package. It's a habit I learned from others I seen in the kitchen. I always clean whatever I handled the meat whether it's the counter top, utensils etc. with soap and water. I never got sick from the way I have done it so I guess it works.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it depends sometimes i buy quality cuts from a butcher, and they clean it in front of you or atleast mine does, then theres times when i buy bargain meats, which are often left over from a sale or sat on the shelf for a week and they repackage them and cut the price.