Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Guess what is better than ANY acid. HEAT. If you cook your food correctly there's no need to wash your meat.

That's why though ceviche is a delicacy, it's still very very risky to eat.

I edited my post after reading more and it looks like you were right.

Risky or not, that shyt is delicious. :hmm:

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is from the USDA.

Washing Food: Does it Promote Food Safety?
Historically, we equate washing to cleanliness. We wash clothes, linens, cars, dishes, and ourselves. So, it is logical that many people believe meat and poultry can be made cleaner and safer by washing it. Is this true? Does washing meat, poultry, eggs, fruits, and vegetables make them safer to eat?

Washing Meat and Poultry
Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Using a food thermometer is the only sure way of knowing if your food has reached a high enough temperature to destroy foodborne bacteria. Cook all raw beef and veal steaks, roasts, and chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

Soaking Meat and Poultry
Callers to the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline sometimes ask about soaking poultry in salt water. This is a personal preference and serves no purpose for food safety. If you choose to do this, however, preventing cross-contamination when soaking and removing the poultry from the water is essential. Meat or poultry should be kept in the refrigerator while soaking.

Sometimes consumers wash or soak country ham, bacon, or salt pork because they think it reduces the sodium or salt enough to allow these products to be eaten on a sodium-restricted diet. However, very little salt is removed by washing, rinsing, or soaking a meat product and is not recommended.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Nah don’t tell me y’all out here doing this. :gag:

I’ve never heard of “washing your meat” before cooking. Soaking chicken and removing hairs yeah but cleaning :dwillhuh:
i don't know what the guys are doing i'm just as lost. A lot of cross contamination and other things going on in this thread. But yeah I've done soaking for shellfish when I use to eat them in a separate bowl when I would get them from the meat store or Carribean marketplace because they might still have some algae or something on them but the heat is what makes it safe to consume.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah that's stupid because that's the whole purpose of cooking it in the first place we do it for taste nowadays but really it's to make the meat easier to digest and get rid of a lot of the bacteria and impurities in the meat. Washing the meat would just wash all the germs and bacteria down into your drain system.

I wash vegetables and fruits more so especially if I'm not deep cooking them and it make them taste better coming off a fresh rinse.

That's what heat does... what mutant bacteria do you know is heat resistant ? :why:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
That's what heat does... what mutant bacteria do you know is heat resistant ? :why:
:gucci:You might've quoted the wrong person because that's what I've been saying the whole thread about heat. Why the fukk are you washing bacteria from the surface of your meats into your sink and drain?
shyt is crazy the heat is better at getting rid of impurities than tap water. W
That's what I'm thinking nikkas really believe rinsing meat under tap water is doing anything besides wetting the meat. And you're not even getting into the meat when you wet it just the surface. The heat is what gets rid of impurities. Washing bacteria into your sink and drain system doesn't make sense imo.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I let it soak in some salt water and lemon juice, or a bit of vinegar before I season it,
That's different that makes the meat tender

Washing meat does nothing to it
Cooking is how you rid it of harmful bacteria and make it edible
Why the fukk would I wash something before I cook it if cooking it makes it fine to eat?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t wash almost nothing food related. I’m definitely not washing another mans meat:dame:

I don’t wash fruits or vegetables either:manny:

I figure whatever bacteria I get my body will just kill that shyt cause I’m a real ass nikka and bacteria and shyt can’t stop real nikkas. Girls and weak nikkas worry about that shyt. I bet y’all nikkas getting a flu shot every year too. Disease know better than to even try ya boy like that. I’m straight.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Ignorant ass poll really has 75% yes :gucci:

Running some fukkin water over your chicken or steak isnt gonna do anything but spread the potential raw meat germs all throughout your kitchen. Cooking it to the correct temperature kills any bacteria, that's why we have specific temps for different meats in the first place.