Do yall think Leo, Tom, Brad, Will, and Denzel will ever go back to tv?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I asking this because if you would told me 10 years ago. Nicole Kidman would be the lead on 3 (possibly 4 depending how sept 5 go) different successful tv shows by 2024. I would called 🧢

For starters. I would be like how? No way that’s possible. Thats too many shows in a short time if they are successful. This new era is crazy

Edit: 7 shows
Lioness
Faraway Downs
ExPats
Big Little Lies
Nine Perfect Strangers
The Undoing
The Perfect Couple

Last edited:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
The day of true movie stars is dead. They are the last of a dying generation. They are all forever rich as well so they don’t need the “bag”.

I believe it tarnishes their brand. That said, if you offer Will Smith 250M to produce a Bad Boys TV franchise…

Will Smith might take the cash and turn into the Captain of the police division.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I asking this because if you would told me 20 10 years ago. Nicole Kidman would be the lead on 3 (possibly 4 depending how sept 5 go) different successful tv shows by 2024. I would called 🧢

For starters. I would be like how? No way that’s possible. This new era is crazy
Female leads are different from male leads. There’s less money for them. Anniston, Kidman, Jolie, Glen, Weatherspoon, Lopez, Berry aren’t seeing 15Ms a movie anymore. TV is steady income to maintain their Hollywood mansions and lifestyle.

Superhero movies kinda killed a lot of movie genres. Hollywood is learning not to put too much money into new IPs.

Shout out to “It Ends with Us”. Although it was a book, I’m glad it hit 100M+ with a female lead. Their stories need to be told as well and women will show up with the right story.

Anyone but You was a “hit” as well. Normally, that would be a Netflix movie but was released and did well.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Female leads are different from male leads. There’s less money for them. Anniston, Kidman, Jolie, Glen, Weatherspoon, Lopez, Berry aren’t seeing 15Ms a movie anymore. TV is steady income to maintain their Hollywood mansions and lifestyle.

Superhero movies kinda killed a lot of movie genres. Hollywood is learning not to put too much money into new IPs.

Shout out to “It Ends with Us”. Although it was a book, I’m glad it hit 100M+ with a female lead. Their stories need to be told as well and women will show up with the right story.

Anyone but You was a “hit” as well. Normally, that would be a Netflix movie but was released and did well.
I get all this, but a star as big as Nicole kidman having 4 tv shows in like 6 or 7 years is :mindblown:

Edit: she got 3 more shows. So 7 in total. All within 7 years:dahell:

Last edited:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
How many A listers are doing tv shows? Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep (mostly women)
The biggest male actor is probably McConaughey. RDJ did that Bs sympathizer show and said "fukk it, let me go back to Marvel"
I dont see the ppl you listed going to tv tho (not one of them) :yeshrug:
Apple and Amazon rly have deep pockets so, who knows

Some of these actors are snobs and think Tv is beneath them, but if you think about it, from an acting POV you have more time to develop a character in a tv show . We're talking 8-10 episodes...

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I think once they hit their mid 70s and/or are bored they might do prestige TV (HBO, Apple).
Harrison Ford has done 2 TV shows in the last few years.
Arnold and Sly both have ongoing TV series.
Sam Jackson never says no to a TV gig.
This week Denzel already hinting at being bored with movies.
Will and Brad have already dipped their toe into TV with Netflix movies.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think Tom & Denzel will ever do TV....not even as elders. I don't even see them doing a mini. Hell, Eddie even said I'll pass, after filming a pilot. But he did do the PJs.

Will, Leo, Brad and Matt will probably dip their hands in with their production companies and perhaps a cameo here and there, but they don't seem like they want to jump all the way in.

I think they current gen just want to get as many bags as they can. The elder women want to stay working consistently, but Anne Hathaway ain't doing TV.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
reese witherspoon has been in successful tv shows since 2017 , Big little lies (2017), Little Fires Everywhere (2020), The Morning Show (2019 -present)

would be cool to see some more veteran actors on TV again.

paul giamatti has done pretty well too.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
How many A listers are doing tv shows? Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep (mostly women)
The biggest male actor is probably McConaughey. RDJ did that Bs sympathizer show and said "fukk it, let me go back to Marvel"
I dont see the ppl you listed going to tv tho (not one of them) :yeshrug:
Apple and Amazon rly have deep pockets so, who knows

Some of these actors are snobs and think Tv is beneath them, but if you think about it, from an acting POV you have more time to develop a character in a tv show . We're talking 8-10 episodes...

veteran actresses are winning right now. :ohhh:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I get all this, but a star as big as Nicole kidman having 4 tv shows in like 6 or 7 years is :mindblown:

Edit: she got 3 more shows. So 7 in total. All within 7 years:dahell:

she knows the business and more importantly a good script. :ehh:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
For Kidman, her time passed. Around 2007/2008 was the end of her prime. Tv seems like a natural progression as she wasn't the draw anymore.

Denzel will always be a draw. Same with Pitt, Leo. Will is a tossup, but he seems to enjoy movies more the exclusivity matters more there.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those guys still do numbers at the box Office so I doubt it. But I wouldn’t mind seeing any of them in a limited series(my favorite story telling format these days).

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
I don’t think they would star in a tv show unless their Box Office Money dried up in Film. Also their production companies are involved with them being credited as an executive producer and/or producer. They just not only getting a TV Star credit only. The big money is in producing it and receiving that revenue for the show.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I don't know about the money but there is definitely more prestige on TV now compare to film