Do y'all ever have the feeling that technology is moving too quickly?

Daps
I've felt like this at various points in the past but it didn't bother me much. I remember feeling like... as soon as I moved to dvd players, dvd's were a thing of the past. Now I'm watching AI in real-time do like 50 years of advancement within 6 months.

I think tech advancement is necessary but I think that tech advancement should be concentrated on specific things instead of having the full gamut on every single aspect of society.

We are in the future now. I remember a couple years ago where they had those Back 2 the Future memes going around saying that the movie lied to us and we were supposed to be far more advanced. I feel like that advancement is happening NOW.

And I would have no issue with this, except I have an issue with the folks who are in control of this new technology and their ulterior motives for it.

Discuss.

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I've felt like this at various points in the past but it didn't bother me much. I remember feeling like... as soon as I moved to dvd players, dvd's were a thing of the past. Now I'm watching AI in real-time do like 50 years of advancement within 6 months.

I think tech advancement is necessary but I think that tech advancement should be concentrated on specific things instead of having the full gamut on every single aspect of society.

We are in the future now. I remember a couple years ago where they had those Back 2 the Future memes going around saying that the movie lied to us and we were supposed to be far more advanced. I feel like that advancement is happening NOW.

And I would have no issue with this, except I have an issue with the folks who are in control of this new technology and their ulterior motives for it.

Discuss.
fukk you and your essay tranny lover. This nikka 45 years old on some dear diary shyt. fukk outta here go bother Trump with your thoughts

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Far from it:

• We still rely on fossil fuel like chumps
  • There's more focus on the automotive industry than traveling infrastructure
  • ISPs bullshyt with the data
  • AI is undercooked
  • Digital streaming took ages to become a commodity
  • The gaming industry is still undercooked
If anything, technology is regressing, rather than progressing all due to old ass geezers that refuse to change, grizzled bitter Coli brehs that refuse to change, annd big time corporations refusing to adapt to the changes with time.

Daps
fukk you and your essay tranny lover. This nikka 45 years old on some dear diary shyt. fukk outta here go bother Trump with your thoughts

But how was you a man in 2017 but you a "woman" in 2024? :jbhmm:

I’m a female tho. What you exposing, bussy boy?

From 2017:

This is not to gloat but the small amount of shorties I’ve been with Asked me to film them doing shyt. I got videos and shyt of ex’s and it just occurred to me that it was always via their request when I would record. It’s a crazy world

Funny cause three months ago I got word that my first girlfriend whom I’ll admit had feelings until that point had a baby and moved to Miami. Got with some Cuban nikka that does Santeria and shyt. Anyways long story short I got word from a mutual friend who still chats with her here and there that he pressed her about previous boyfriends and she told the nikka everything about me (mainly how I’m in med school & studying to be a doctor) and this nikka ended up putting a “spell” on me! LMAO the funniest shyt ever! nikka said he didn’t like me and wanted to put something on me. Supposedly him and his “godfathers” I was like wtf!

If I was another nikka I would send that nikka videos of his now wife when she was mine. But that’s corny and uncalled for. In fact, I’m gonna erase that shyt cause ain’t no need for it. That’s not the energy I wanna put out

:jbhmm:

Daps
Far from it:

• We still rely on fossil fuel like chumps
  • There's more focus on the automotive industry than traveling infrastructure
  • ISPs bullshyt with the data
  • AI is undercooked
  • Digital streaming took ages to become a commodity
  • The gaming industry is still undercooked
If anything, technology is regressing, rather than progressing all due to old ass geezers that refuse to change, grizzled bitter Coli brehs that refuse to change, annd big time corporations refusing to adapt to the changes with time.

Good points. Maybe I'm looking at it from the standpoint of AI being set to eliminate a large swath of jobs in our society.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
All facts

If the tech were truly unfettered, we’d be decades ahead of where we are now. We still haven’t implemented the airless tire technology that was used in the fukking Moon landing

Edit: they just in 2023, got enough funding to make never go flat tires on bicycles.

That shyt came out in the 60s :snoop:

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Good points. Maybe I'm looking at it from the standpoint of AI being set to eliminate a large swath of jobs in our society.

Even the AI doom and gloom is kinda silly, because AI itself is still basic as all hell. It does the following tropes:

• Uses key phrases to go with a question (how I actually got the name of my beat tape lol)
  • It makes asinine logic that's inconsistent and all over the place
  • The tech still needs a human to filter out the issues (ala the Seinfeld AI parody that got bushed temporary all due to the AI making a "LBTQUEENB" joke
Its no different from when people were afraid of VR in the 90s. Even to this very day, the product is not on terms with what it supposed to accomplished, and that's immersion.

Technology in itself should have been where China is currently at, but we live in a country where folks still use Windows XP for security reasons, lol.

Daps
Even the AI doom and gloom is kinda silly, because AI itself is still basic as all hell. It does the following tropes:

• Uses key phrases to go with a question (how I actually got the name of my beat tape lol)
  • It makes asinine logic that's inconsistent and all over the place
  • The tech still needs a human to filter out the issues (ala the Seinfeld AI parody that got bushed temporary all due to the AI making a "LBTQUEENB" joke
Its no different from when people were afraid of VR in the 90s. Even to this very day, the product is not on terms with what it supposed to accomplished, and that's immersion.

Technology in itself should have been where China is currently at, but we live in a country where folks still use Windows XP for security reasons, lol.

:dwillhuh: I don't know anything about this. Link?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That started last decade when we began accelerating computing processing power in months rather than years not decades. It was why smart phones had accelerated development from year to year etc. We kind of plateaued a bit but picked up steam again with AI.