Do women you respect call themselves B's (Lupe related)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When I hear women calling themselves B's, I automatically think of them as rats. And maybe it's a sexist thing but it's not the same as the N-word to me. As far as evolving in meaning. Not that I can't say this word can't evolve. Obviously it can and I know some use it as a strong Black woman (flashbacks of Diary of a Tired Black came in my mine when I typed that). But I still don't buy. Maybe I"m just old but I still have a hard time accepting that from a "lady". But maybe I'm wrong. Anybody feel the same way. Or do you agree and accept women calling themselves B's and you looking at them as respectable.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I find it funny when a female tells us to stop referring to them as bytches when they refer to us as nikkas.

And my real input is this a man/woman that has nikka/bytch in their everyday vocabulary loses plenty respect.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
can you please explain what Lupe is before i get deep into this convo mate...thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3m3t_PxiUI&feature=player_embedded]Lupe Fiasco - bytch Bad [Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No. I was taught that "bytch" is an inappropriate word. I never understood how a woman can call her self a "bad bytch", but then turn around and get mad when a man leaves out the "bad" in front of it. :snoop:

I understand that is what you were taught. But do you believe that words can evolve and be redefine (i.e. bad). And if so, why doesn't the b-word fall in that category in having multiple meanings?

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I understand that is what you were taught. But do you believe that words can evolve and be redefine (i.e. bad). And if so, why doesn't the b-word fall in that category in having multiple meanings?

That is true. The word might evolve in other peoples minds, but the word "bytch" to me stays the same, and won't be praised if it is used to describe myself.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Give it a couple of years. bytch is not gonna be as endearing as it was back in the days. Shiiit its lost alot of its value already. Its going thru the "nikka" process. Girls call each other bytch more than dudes do nowadays.

Ie: Thats My Biiiiiitch

We Sum Bad bytchesss

I'll Die For My bytchess

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That is true. The word might evolve in other peoples minds, but the word "bytch" to me stays the same, and won't be praised if it is used to describe myself.

Another question if you don't sister. Do you listen female artists who call themselves that in songs? Sorta like the mother in the 1st verse of Lupe song for "entertainment purposes".

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Another question if you don't sister. Do you listen female artists who call themselves that in songs? Sorta like the mother in the 1st verse of Lupe song for "entertainment purposes".

To be honest I'm not offended when they call themselves that...If that is how they see themselves then ok. It is like what you said the word evolved in their mind to be something positive :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To answer your question op.No, the women that I respect don't call themselves bytches or even use that word.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man when I hear women referring to themselves as that instantly I get the :scusthov: face. Junk is embarrassing.

Daps
what is the difference between this and blacks calling themselves nigg@s. and dooby, that argument would make sense if men did not also use the n-word and if those same women didn't call other women the n-word as well

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I hear women calling themselves B's, I automatically think of them as rats. And maybe it's a sexist thing but it's not the same as the N-word to me. As far as evolving in meaning. Not that I can't say this word can't evolve. Obviously it can and I know some use it as a strong Black woman (flashbacks of Diary of a Tired Black came in my mine when I typed that). But I still don't buy. Maybe I"m just old but I still have a hard time accepting that from a "lady". But maybe I'm wrong. Anybody feel the same way. Or do you agree and accept women calling themselves B's and you looking at them as respectable.

How is it different than the N word? The N word is probably much worse now that I think about it just because of the history involved.