Do These Twitter Celebrities/Models Make Money?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Do these (regular/non-celebrity) motherfukkers with tens and hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitter and thousands of Facebook friends make any money from it? I'm talking about the "models" and shyt or just the folks with a lot of Internet popularity, do any of them leverage that for some actual paper? Or is just an attention thing?

I don't actually personally fukk with Instagram/Twitter/Facebook or even MySpace or none of that shyt, so excuse the ignorance, but one of my boys was just talking about how much dough he was gonna make after becoming famous on the Internet, and I had my doubts, so I figured The-Coli is the place to ask. :youngsabo:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
tumblr_lpvdmtaXp31r1zphpo1_500.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I dont see how they could unless they have millions of followers. that would make companies pay attention to them and see potential in them to make $$$. But there's not alot of that unless they have some discernible talent.

Or, unless they get calls from club promoters and things like that to make appearances.

Other than that, I dont see how they can make money just from taking/posting pics of themselves on twitter, Instagram, etc.

However, there is Kate Upton....so anything is possible.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Some celebs get paid to tweet, dont know about instagram. Most of those internet models dont get paid because it's mutual promo for the photographer and them. Some even pay for those photoshoots then wanna tell nikka they're models.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
There's gotta be a way to leverage that into making paper though... right? :youngsabo:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol even if u have half a million people following u u canmake some serious bank. because all u goto do is make a suggestion to your followers to buy something and from that half a million, u'll be suprised at how many of them have disposable income to spend and will go out and buy whatever you recommended.

companies can pay u to place ads for them on your site....a site which all ur followers can visit. man, the options here limitless.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Doubt it. Think about how many Twitter "models" have 10,000+ followers. They can't all be making money b/c it's so common.

Add to the fact that you can pay for followers.

Anyone can look like they have 10,000+, 100,000+, etc. Internet rappers do it all the time. You're not really a somewhat legit celeb until Twitter verifies your account and you ge that coveted blue check.

....and even if you have half a million followers, spamming them's not going to do much. So many people on Twitter are promoting their random shyt that it's more than likely going to fly under the radar.

Game's too over-saturated. You're better off becoming a Youtube celeb and THEN parlaying that into Twitter fame...and then doing a podcast or some shyt.

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Of course, Celebs I'm sure get monetary fees for posting publicity for their movies, TV , reality, online shows on Twitter. The lower tier celebs need more of the social networks to spread their upcoming projects or :heh: sextapes but I don't think they get anything for tweeting but only get paid from the actual sales.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
Nah, It's just another useless thing to put on your fake important resume next to encyclopedic knowledge of star wars.

I find it funny when they have weird skewed follower ratio of 1:50. Ego

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Nah, It's just another useless thing to put on your fake important resume next to encyclopedic knowledge of star wars.

I find it funny when they have weird skewed follower ratio of 1:50. Ego

:snoop: I hate how much useless knowledge that I have sometimes. :wow: