Do the Right Thing is brilliant

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Racial tension trumps community ties. Especially when the police are involved.

I’d agree but it seemed like a love hate type relationship. They acted like they disliked each other but they really had love for each other deep down. A chaotic family. The few bad eggs stirred the pot and tipped the scales into the extreme category.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’d agree but it seemed like a love hate type relationship. They acted like they disliked each other but they really had love for each other deep down. A chaotic family. The few bad eggs stirred the pot and tipped the scales into the extreme category.
That's very realistic IMO and a great mirror to society.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Really? Call me :mjpls: but i thought it wasn't that good. I mean shyt, we protest over an unarmed person getting shot, not some Italian dude putting up pictures at his own shop.

Why protest that, instead of just pooling funds to start your own pizza shop and support a black business?

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Really? Call me :mjpls: but i thought it wasn't that good. I mean shyt, we protest over an unarmed person getting shot, not some Italian dude putting up pictures at his own shop.

Why protest that, instead of just pooling funds to start your own pizza shop and support a black business?
:gucci:da fukk are you talking about? Thats now what they were mad about.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You didn’t think it was that good because based on this dumb ass response you didn’t even understand what was happening in the movie. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I didn't understand pookie asking Sal for money after breaking his window n getting his shopped burnt down

Mookie literally said to Sal’s face he didn’t give a fukk about the shop because he knew Sal would recoup it all from insurance. Therefore he wanted his pay. Mookie’s actions were driven by his witnessing Radio Raheem’s murder. Sal can always get more money. Radio Raheem’s life is unreplaceable