Do the Right Thing 25th Anniversary

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So a whole sub-forum dedicated to movies and a bunch of dudes who consider themselves film-literate and no one is bigging up Spike Lee's best movie? Today marks the official 25th anniversary of one of the greatest films of all time, one that is just as relevant today as it was 25 years ago.

Powerful clip and powerful movie all around.

tumblr_m19chwo6LB1qz5ypxo1_500.gif

And how could we forget the theme song that is one of the greatest hip hop songs ever?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:shaq2: Never seen it. I mentioned before there are bunch of 90's & late 80's black movies I need to see. This is 1 of them.

Breh you need to watch it ASAP. I know there are plenty of torrents out there or you could just cop it to stream it because it needs to be seen. It doesn't go for the easy portrait of race that one group is wrong and the other is right...it says that it's a very complicated issue and each side is at fault for certain things and it questions what is the "right" thing to do when faced with racial adversity? What's the right thing to do when you're on the receiving end, the person throwing the hate out, or when you see people have to deal with it? Is it violence? Well that violence will more than likely beget more violence so now what?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nah breh don't downplay it: It's one of the greatest MOVIES of all time, regardless of what race directed it.

Statistically top 150 would def make it one of the greatest films of all times. lol.

Personally I thought Jungle Fever got it by a nose. BUT if I was going to give it a spot. REALISTICALLY speaking it's probably in the top 100 films ever made.