Do people get Mad when you Respond back to their text with "Who is This?"

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
I get texts from unknown numbers(usually from girls whose numbers I've deleted from my phone) all the time. I always respond back with "Who Is This?" and most of them never respond back. Is the line Ether towards most women?

TallFrenchy

Paleo Girl
Daps
Reppin
North America
It's embarassing if you guys have talked before... Especially if the girl's into you.

Is it insulting for men?

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Yes, they take it pretty hard. I personally love asking "who is this?" when I get a text from someone new just to make myself look too busy and important to be the kind of guy sitting around waiting for a text from them. It make them try harder with me, personally, so while they may first start spouting off with, "He's such a douchebag! I can't believe he forgot about me!" They'll start to come around once I use that as a jumping off point.

:lupe: Kinda surprised that they don't respond back if they texted you first to begin with.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
It's embarassing if you guys have talked before... Especially if the girl's into you.

Is it insulting for men?

It can be insulting for men, but I doubt that it's as insulting as it is for women. Women (if they're attractive) get approached all the time and for them to go out on a limb and text a guy is a big deal and shows a great deal of interest from her. For a girl to put herself out there like that and be rejected is outright shocking and like you said, embarrassing. This is because they're used to being remembered and pursued all the time. To be rejected like that is a blow to what they're used to supporting their confidence. Guys on the other hand are always taught to be proactive and after a decent amount of time learn to deal with rejection to some degree. Don't get me wrong, dealing with rejection still sucks, especially if you're into someone, but you don't have the idea that you can just have what you're looking for simply by being available.

:manny:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
It ain't worse than havin' a muhfukka calling your phone asking, "Who is this?".

B!tch, you called me; Who the f*ck are YOU?:wtf:......then they just hang up and call one more time and don't say sh!t

BrownBabyDoll

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
]Yes, they take it pretty hard. I personally love asking "who is this?" when I get a text from someone new just to make myself look too busy and important to be the kind of guy sitting around waiting for a text from them.[/B] It make them try harder with me, personally, so while they may first start spouting off with, "He's such a douchebag! I can't believe he forgot about me!" They'll start to come around once I use that as a jumping off point.

:lupe: Kinda surprised that they don't respond back if they texted you first to begin with.

This is why I do it on purpose.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
i know people get mad. what's fukked up is that most of the time, i'm not who they were looking for. I had a bytch blow up my phone one day talmbout 'it's teresia, nikka...you don't remember me.'

I was like 'I'm pretty sure we've never met but now is as good a time as any. wussup :shaq:?'

i'm pretty sure she didn't respond because my phone doesn't have coli smilies on it tho. she prolly thought I was calling her shaq.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
i know people get mad. what's fukked up is that most of the time, i'm not who they were looking for. I had a bytch blow up my phone one day talmbout 'it's teresia, nikka...you don't remember me.'

I was like 'I'm pretty sure we've never met but now is as good a time as any. wussup :shaq:?'

i'm pretty sure she didn't respond because my phone doesn't have coli smilies on it tho. she prolly thought I was calling her shaq.

:deadrose::deadrose: