Do movies give you more life lessons than life itself?

The amount of life lessons Ive gained from movies is...

• 80-100%

• 50-80%

• 30-50%

• 0-30%

Results are only viewable after voting.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
It would be good if you actually think about this before dismissing it. Let me lace you with an example:

That was some dope game to drop on an impressionable jit and that is what got me thinking of this topic because movies are emotion generating machines, par excellence, and they wield a heck of a lot of influence so actually stop for a moment and consider it. Take back when into account as well when you span that same VHS again and again then ask why, what you gained and what message was it relaying. Another one:

full
full
full

Are you Vincent or are you Max? Are you selling yourself dreams then lining up to buy them as you hide from the life you want but are afraid to live because, deep down, you don't feel you deserve it or are you doing what needs to be done, in the moment, one foot in front of the next with fixed intent and goals which keep you rolling.

Quite possibly one of, if not the, most important movie scenes ever released as it contains so much Game for those willing to challenge themselves.

What the F are you still doing driving a cab?

I think you may be surprised when you realize how much of your internal realm is actually some motion picture ish. Aha ha ha!

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I might hear something in a movie and think it sounds good, but when it comes to actually applying shyt in my life a majority of that comes from real life experiences.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
For people with no actual life expierence or basic social listening skills sure

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
See, here's the thing:

People will dismiss this right out of hand because the principle seems ludicrous, almost insulting, but if you actually sit back and reflect on, especially with a childs eyes, you'll suddenly reeleyez something you never suspected. Check:

That was 100 because, via the safety of a screen, she could feel Barneys pain and empathize but up close and personal was a totally different tale. The inverse is also true because films build worlds and characters in you head which you then identify with. A little taste of omnipotence. Add in the fact that the subconscious remembers everything and you are also in an altered state when watching as a prerequisite. Whichever way you slice it that is a weapon of mass influence and I'm quite certain that once you walk away from this topic you'll be back again as you recollect how many scenes actually hang on this thread from back when to the present moment, sans rent but in there nonetheless.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
For people with no actual life expierence or basic social listening skills sure
exactly...

anybody who spends time in real world situations will come across lessons naturally..

additionally, anybody who grew up with a solid family structure will get lessons given to them regularly long before they encounter it in media/real life

timeless

All Star
Daps
I don't think so. Movies have an agenda and they're cultivated to make you think or behave in a way that the creator wants you to. Life is an active role and you must participate with your mind, body, and soul which leads you to learning lessons that are specifically curated towards you. Movies can be interpreted in so many ways that you're probably left with a different perspective each time you watch it (your age plays a role in this too).

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Movies, like any form of media/literature can be used to inspire, persuade, inform, and/or educate. Open ended content is great, because it invites a dialogue that a viewer can explore ideas through.

The themes of a film are usually the writer's viewpoint of the world they want you to see.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I think you get more life lessons from music, honestly :manny:

Thats a huge topic because its influence is like smoking rocks constantly compared to the occasional sniff which is the hit a film brings. The "Its just entertainment" crowd will deny this whilst bumping stripper music, being hypnotized by tubo-thots and sipping a double cup whilst being covered in tats with a glock on their hip as they whip around looking for static.

Most will just be fantasizing that in their heads but some dummies actually live the lyrics they're hearing. Its a sensitive topic so lets stick to the script. Or not. I dont limit myself in what I think or why its like this because of the life examined. Do you?

How many people signed up for the Navy after watching Top Gun? Developed a passion for martial arts after seeing Bruce Lee fly across the screen? Were obsessed with Sex and the City and are now alcoholic cat ladies wondering where all the good men are?