Do children excel in a village/extended communities?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Do children tend to do better in village kind of communities instead of nuclear families? Science has shown that nuclear families lead to more depressed children and that the best form of family are village types. These types of communities are common in asia and africa :ehh:. Twitter users agree

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: TEH

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Unpopular opinion: This is why I think it’s important for children to go to preschool and live in diverse areas, because a lot of social stigmas are due to lack of exposure. If all you know is your family and you can’t make judgements about other people based on your interactions with them, but based on another person’s opinion, we just continue the cycle. It’s not a cure all and won’t solve everything, but it gives black children a better chance in a world where we have to interact with other people.

As far as what those birds are talking about, I think they’re missing the point.

Save your debates. You’re free to have your own opinion also.

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Unpopular opinion: This is why I think it’s important for children to go to preschool and live in diverse areas, because a lot of social stigmas are due to lack of exposure. If all you know is your family and you can’t make judgements about other people based on your interactions with them, but based upon n another person’s opinion, we just continue the cycle. It’s not a cure all and won’t solve everything, but it gives black children a better chance in a world where we have to interact with other people.

As far as what those birds are talking about, I think they’re missing the point.

Save your debates. You’re free to have your own opinion also.
It's been shown that the best family types are clan family structures (mostly found in East Asia):

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Great point

I’m glad the Church is realizing this …

We were better humans when we had large interconnecting family structures in place …

Frolickingmami

I'm back sukkasssss
Daps
Interesting. I'm very conflicted on this because many of my family members grew up in this way but it didn't seem to have any positive effect on them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes they do because of community values, culture. It doesn't mean nuclear families were a mistake. They still have nuclear families 😂

shyt like elder respect and formalities with people based on their status are gone. Elders are just old heads instead of being respected. In a good community every adult is responsible for looking out for the kids. Reporting back to their parents if they Wilding out or intervening themselves. People today would freak out if their kid came home and said their neighbor spoke to them or reprimanded them let alone spanked them for misbehaving. We are way past those days.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People advocate for the nuclear family and don’t even understand what it is.

Mom, dad, kids. That’s it. No grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Trash
I don't get what you saying. Having a nuclear family doesn't mean you don't have relatives. It's more of a representation of the ideal make up for a household.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Do children tend to do better in village kind of communities instead of nuclear families? Science has shown that nuclear families lead to more depressed children and that the best form of family are village types. These types of communities are common in asia and africa :ehh:. Twitter users agree

"If we had our matriarchal communities today like we had back in the day instead of the “white nuclear family unit” this wouldn’t be a problem today. They made this unit exactly for this reason for women to be dependent upon man"

Broad is dumb as hell.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
"If we had our matriarchal communities today like we had back in the day instead of the “white nuclear family unit” this wouldn’t be a problem today. They made this unit exactly for this reason for women to be dependent upon man"

Broad is dumb as hell.
In theory it would work though? It's an extended family providing extended support for children in the event that their parents need help. I would like to hear your opposition to their statement.

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
People advocate for the nuclear family and don’t even understand what it is.

Mom, dad, kids. That’s it. No grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Trash
Came here to say THIS!

The American nuclear family is modeled after the European version. A married couple and their kids. Even having grandparents live with you was iffy (look into the history of old folk homes in western Europe, notably England and France)

Black ppl have never been this way. We've had grandparents in our homes as a norm. We've lived with cousins, cousins lived with us. Aunties stayed 3-4 years to help with newborns. Some of us hit 18 - 20 went to go live with an uncle in the city to help him out and be closer to work. Etc etc...

Stop thinking like cacs.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
In theory it would work though? It's an extended family providing extended support for children in the event that their parents need help. I would like to hear your opposition to their statement.
Son you trolling? Since when has the BLack community not live in a matriarchy? and since when did extended family not help raise children?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Son you trolling? Since when has the BLack community not live in a matriarchy? and since when did extended family not help raise children?
Nah Im genuinly serious. Im saying that a village family structure is optimal (even if its women and children only). I guess my point is that you gotta refute her statemet logically.