Do all black people look alike?

Karume

All Star
Daps
I am a pretty easy going person. However something at work has recently got on my nerves. now I have had coworkers that work in different areas that hardly see me mistake my for another brother. It just seems incredible to me that one of my managers who I have worked for over a year REPEATEDLY confuses me with someone else. If this brother actually looked like me, I wouldn't trip. the thing is this person is ten years younger, about 30-40 lbs lighter, hair only half as long, no beard compared to me looking like rick ross. also I am heavily grayed while he has almost no gray at all. It has even happened around other of my coworkers leading a couple of them to jokingly call me by the other brother's name. Is my being upset by this an overreaction? :ohlawd:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I dont think its that brothas look alike its more so the people who say that pay so little attention to your existence that they lump you with all black people around your size. That, or they're just trolling you as a way to express a stereotype they cant speak verbally.

Karume

All Star
Daps
I dont think its that brothas look alike its more so the people who say that pay so little attention to your existence that they lump you with all black people around your size. That, or they're just trolling you as a way to express a stereotype they cant speak verbally.

well I suppose dont consider someone who is at least 2 or 3 inches shorter than me, 30-40 lbs smaller, 10 years younger, with no beard and no gray hair to be remotely similar to me.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
well I suppose dont consider someone who is at least 2 or 3 inches shorter than me, 30-40 lbs smaller, 10 years younger, with no beard and no gray hair to be remotely similar to me.

For a cac, thats close enough. If this is someone you see on a regular basis, they're trolling.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
You all look like Lebron James. jk But I think the more you live around a certain group the more you notice the differences in their faces other than the phenotypic ones. Most Asians look similar too me but if I lived in China town I'd see the differences more.

Karume

All Star
Daps
You all look like Lebron James. jk But I think the more you live around a certain group the more you notice the differences in their faces other than the phenotypic ones. Most Asians look similar too me but if I lived in China town I'd see the differences more.
I understand what you are saying. in fact I experienced it when I was stationed in south korea. after awhile I was able to distinguish between chinese, japanese, korean, vietnamese, filipino, etc. fairly accurately. once I got back to the states that ability has faded somewhat.

however the physical size difference and my considerable gray, alone should make us distinguishable IMO