Distance Co-Parenting

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Man how do yall do it? If you have a good coparenting relationship, what's the arrangement?

If you have a bad coparenting relationship, what lead to the steps you took for joint custody?

I'm about to go through the courts because me and my child's mother can't establish an cordial relationship.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Moms always the weakest link. Either to soft or to hard. Kids Don't respect all that rara when it's not backed by anything. Mom gonna let them get away with shyt to keep the peace trying to be the "good guy" and the kids lose valuable lessons that can't be fixed with weekend visitation.
Even scarier she let them get away with murder just so she can play with her phone uninterrupted. :mjlol:

Equivalent of letting grandparents raise your kids that you only see on the weekend.

Maybe she don't need a man, but the kids do.

Last edited:

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Moms always the weakest link. Either to soft or to hard. Kids Don't respect all that rara when it's not backed by anything. Mom gonna let them get away with shyt to keep the peace trying to be the "good guy" and the kids lose valuable lessons that can't be fixed with weekend visitation.
Even scarier she let them get away with murder just so she can play with her phone uninterrupted. :mjlol:

Equivalent of letting grandparents raise your kids that you only see on the weekend.

Maybe she don't need a man, but the kids do.

What in the living hell does that have to do with the thread topic?? The topic is distance coparenting.
:gucci:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What in the living hell does that have to do with the thread topic?? The topic is distance coparenting.
:gucci:
It's going to be difficult if the other parent isn't on board and is more concerned with making your life miserable. She couldn't take instructions when you were together and definitely doesn't want to take instructions when you're apart so it's very challenging.
Co-parenting is easier if she actually listens to your input. The more distance the harder it is because a man needs to have an active part in his child's life. How can you co-parent with FaceTime

Greed

Pro
Daps
Start early. Document everything. Always be cordial and respectful and fair. Be able to compromise but just as you would in any arrangement, establish your needs and boundaries

Always put the child first. Never engage in arguments. Always remember that anything you put in writing will probably be used against you especially in family court

I’m currently going through a custody dispute and things are amazingly going in my favor despite me believing I wouldn’t stand a chance because she’s dropping the ball on actually coparenting and isn’t reasonable

Be sure to also hire an attorney if you can afford it at all, they make a huge difference

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Edit:

Nvm… I made another post and just voice recorded it. Not trying to type all of that out.

Last edited:

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
I get along GREAT with my son’s mom. We both agreed to do what’s best for him and that’s always our motivation. I think that’s a key factor. Put away egos and butthurt feelings and raise your child together but from separate homes. We also agreed NO COURT INVOLVEMENT AT ALL COST cause she understands once that bridge is crossed it becomes more transactional.

I’m not on child support or any financial stuff. We do have 50/50 custody plus times where I have plans or she does.

This was all discussed AND agreed upon BEFORE we split

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I get along GREAT with my son’s mom. We both agreed to do what’s best for him and that’s always our motivation. I think that’s a key factor. Put away egos and butthurt feelings and raise your child together but from separate homes. We also agreed NO COURT INVOLVEMENT AT ALL COST cause she understands once that bridge is crossed it becomes more transactional.

I’m not on child support or any financial stuff. We do have 50/50 custody plus times where I have plans or she does.

This was all discussed AND agreed upon BEFORE we split

Damn you got the ideal situation coparent wise. Wish more women were reasonable like her

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Damn you got the ideal situation coparent wise. Wish more women were reasonable like her

Thanks breh. I really do. I thank my lucky stars that she’s very chill and believes in the overall picture. Meaning, the happier I am the better Dad I can be and the happier she is the better Mom she can be.

Cause I got homies that ain’t so lucky :lolbron:

Plus she know I’m ALWAYS gonna be in my son life. I spend a lot of time with him, probably more than she does honestly. I’m sure her friends ain’t got it sweet like that with their kids father.

Being back out here in the dating scene I’ve come across a lot of chicks that damn near gotta beg their kids dad to get them so she can have time to chill with me :russ:

Makes you really see the struggle women go through when dealing with a dude that’s wishy washy with their kids. Cause I done had to cut off a couple chicks that just don’t have the freedom I have cause they have their kids ALL the time.