Disney's Downfall: The Rise and Fall of an Entertainment Giant

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
'As Disney shifted to streaming, it seemed set up to dominate. But the stock is low, margins are down, and its streamer is losing money. What happened to America’s greatest entertainment company?'

'Hollywood has been decimated by the rise of streaming. At Disney, Warner Bros. Discovery, Paramount, and Sony, profits on TV, film, and streaming went from $23 billion in 2013 to about zero in 2023. Nothing tells this story more clearly than a brief history of Disney. In the early 2000s, Disney under CEO Bob Iger went on one of the most extraordinary runs in modern business history. ESPN was the most valuable network in the cable bundle. They acquired Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox. As the company shifted to streaming, it seemed set up to lap Netflix and eat the box office at the same time. But today, Disney’s stock is at a nine-year low. Operating margins are down 75 percent. Disney+ lost $4 billion last year.'

So what happened?

Read more and Listen to the Podcast here Disney’s Downfall: The Rise and Fall of an Entertainment Giant

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Being racist is what killed TV….. motion picture houses and networks being racist did this shyt to themselves. If the film product they put out were great they generate profits no matter the form of viewing ….. but the real issue is how all these studios went and tried to put a cap on black and urban cinema after it’s dominant nineties and early 2000’s….. but you can’t just trick a viewing public to watch a bunch of new bs that fits the agenda…like friends for example… they were the first…. Notice how Nickelodeon went away from urban and black shows……ain’t no more spike lees or John singletons or f Gary greys…..

Hollywood tried to switch up, but couldn’t produce the same entertainment value without the black people they hate……

They thought streaming would invigorate and heal the problem…but Hollywoods issue is a lack of quality entertainment production because they wanna control whose on stage

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
'As Disney shifted to streaming, it seemed set up to dominate. But the stock is low, margins are down, and its streamer is losing money. What happened to America’s greatest entertainment company?'

'Hollywood has been decimated by the rise of streaming. At Disney, Warner Bros. Discovery, Paramount, and Sony, profits on TV, film, and streaming went from $23 billion in 2013 to about zero in 2023. Nothing tells this story more clearly than a brief history of Disney. In the early 2000s, Disney under CEO Bob Iger went on one of the most extraordinary runs in modern business history. ESPN was the most valuable network in the cable bundle. They acquired Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox. As the company shifted to streaming, it seemed set up to lap Netflix and eat the box office at the same time. But today, Disney’s stock is at a nine-year low. Operating margins are down 75 percent. Disney+ lost $4 billion last year.'

So what happened?

Read more and Listen to the Podcast here Disney’s Downfall: The Rise and Fall of an Entertainment Giant
They should have never try to get into streaming. They should have kept licensing their sht to netflix, amazon and hulu. Now they forced to produce their own content and handle the cost of running a streaming platform.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They got arrogant, put their head up their own ass and started putting out dog shyt

It's a little more complicated I think. I'm sure arrogance was part of it but when you start putting out more and more content trying to milk the fans with your streaming service, there's a good chance you could lose the plot and I think Feige lost the plot a while ago...

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It's a little more complicated I think. I'm sure arrogance was part of it but when you start putting out more and more content trying to milk the fans with your streaming service, there's a good chance you could lose the plot and I think Feige lost the plot a while ago...
I dunno if its the frequency
HBO drops fire
Disney is determined to drop shyt we dont care about while ignoring shyt we do

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They should have never try to get into streaming. They should have kept licensing their sht to netflix, amazon and hulu. Now they forced to produce their own content and handle the cost of running a streaming platform.

NONE OF THESE NETWORKS SHOULD
HAVE JUMPED INTO STREAMING.

THEY ALL TAKING LS.

nikkaS SHOULD HAVE JUST STUCK
WITH MAKING BIG MOVIES AND
RAKING IN DOUGH.

:devil:
:evil:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Covid created a false boom which made these companies thing shyt was paying off thus they tried to Scale 10X in that period

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Netflix isn’t even doing that well either right? It was weird to me how many companies set up streaming services when it seemed like the money was in content providing. How much content did Disney think they were going to churn out?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The big dogs couldnt let Netflix eat and saturated the market. Netflix is the hip brand that everyone tried imitate but having more than 3 streaming apps is way too much and its easier to just use the free movie sites instead of searching through all the apps. Might be time to cop some disney stock tho while its low :ohhh:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
streaming is not all it's cracked up to be.

everyone lost banking on this.
Someone I know got rid of most of their physical media about a year and a half ago. He didn't box it up or give it away - he threw almost every Blu-ray and DVD he owned away claiming that streaming is where it's at now. I hope he feels foolish for his stupid decision.