Disney (ABC/ESPN) has put an $18M per year contract renewal offer to Stephen A. Smith

Does this nikka take it

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’ll be just another job added to his list of jobs there. People hate him but he’s doing something right. Same folks saying they don’t like them would have something to say if espn let him go too. It’s whatever
I just don’t see what he can add to the show as he doesn’t even know basic NFL knowledge and the league just isn't predicated on hot takes like the NFL is. He's really going to have to step up his game or fans will light him up like they do other commentators and we know he isn't always to receptive of constructive criticism.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I just don’t see what he can add to the show as he doesn’t even know basic NFL knowledge and the league just isn't predicated on hot takes like the NFL is. He's really going to have to step up his game or fans will light him up like they do other commentators and we know he isn't always to receptive of constructive criticism.
Watch it be him getting the “big” NFL interview of the week on the show and then he’ll be on during MNF Halftime…shyt like that.

Sounds like he definitely wants to be as ingrained in the NFL coverage by the time they get the Super Bowl in February 2027.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
It’s an easy job too. He gets paid to talk shyt all day
What is his prep work? Read r/NFL and a few text messages from “insiders”?
:sas2:
95% of these guys takes any Coli Breh can say the same.
:sas1:
I do respect the guys who actually put in work. I also respect the degenerate gamblers because their life depends on being right.
:mjlol:
No disrespect to Steven A.
:whoa:
I actually think he is a cool Brotha and I hope he bust ESPN over the head with 25M a year for 10 years. Sports is highly inflated right now so everybody needs to get it while they can. ESPN already showed their employees what it is. The top 1% gets paid and Steven A. Is a 1 percenter.
stephen-a-smith-sas-swag.gif

Shout out to Steven A for living a Coli Breh’s dream. Getting paid, with no prep work, to talk shyt all day.
:salute:

Last edited:

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Stephen a come off as a cranky old man to me. He was good back when Skip was there but I stopped watching when Max came and I don't like the ESPN NBA coverage

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He should remember this statement the next time he gripes about another player and their bread.
Number 1 show and probably biggest sports reporter personality in the world right now

I'm saying this because he never gets on dudes getting their money WHEN THEY PRODUCE. He's producing and his numbers show it. It's not the same

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Number 1 show and probably biggest sports reporter personality in the world right now

I'm saying this because he never gets on dudes getting their money WHEN THEY PRODUCE. He's producing and his numbers show it. It's not the same
Whether you're producing or not typically matter in the sports world because the market determines the asking price whether you think they deserve it or not. If you ask casual fans, they'd tell you that sports analyst are overrated and not worth the asking price they get, but that doesn't stop them from asking for every dollar that they can.

We see these sports analyst all the time talking about players should leave money on the table knowing good and god damn well they're going to ask for every dollar that they can even if they don't deserve it.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
SAS real problem is that he doesn't pull eyeballs on his own.

His YT channel a less less than 750k subs which is good, but it ain't 30M good.
He's only got 5 videos over 1M views and two of them are about Shannon Sharpe, one is about Jason Whitlock, and another one is about Diddys apology. A bunch of the videos don't even have 10k views.

SAS has to have a Roundtable of people to bounce off of and one of the biggest sports networks in the world for himself to flourish.

This isn't like Shannon or Ryan because they've proven they can go build something on their own (the Pivot and Shannon's shows both have more subs and a much higher views per vid rate than anything SAS has done).

What has SAS built to show that people care what he has to say outside of ESPN?
What's his leverage to say "pay me or I'm leaving"? Only thing I can think of is that they save money hiring others because he does 5 times the coverage, but it's shxtty coverage about sports he doesn't know so what's the point?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I don’t mind him getting paid

But in my opinion dude is no tim legler when it comes to basketball

Football, boxing, MMA he is fukking terrible at

And the only reason he gets buzz from ESPN, because he knows how to play the game and he won’t cross that line when it comes to a MJ or Jerry Jones