“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Randle is a 20+10 guy. The Knicks do not need to get any smaller. Unless the Knicks get a 2 way big. I'm keeping Randle.
I don’t see them paying Randle 60 Mil a year and Brunson 60 Mil a year to keep this together. Murray and Hunter are two starters for Randle. It’s not great but they give them Knicks options

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I don’t see them paying Randle 60 Mil a year and Brunson 60 Mil a year to keep this together. Murray and Hunter are two starters for Randle. It’s not great but they give them Knicks options
It's not about getting starters, its about getting back what you need. Making a trade just to make a trade is pointless.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
rj was trash, quickley was trash, randle was trash compared to his normal output, josh hart is a energy guy we shouldve never paid premium for, hartenstein was a non factor.
Starting to think brunson going off vs elite teams is completely by design.
brunson for how amazing he scores...is generally a mediocre playmaker for others and the bucks logic as well as the heat is like.......brunson cant score 120 by himself nor is he spoonfeeding and putting other players in position to score a la haliburton.
we need another reliable creator on this team...because while brunson is to be respected.....he cant do it alone against the elite.
bucks are just a bad matchup. randle has a mismatch every other game....except when he plays the bucks.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We don’t HAVE to pay Randle do we? Unless hes the type to leave to spite the team, nobody else is paying him max either.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
rj was trash, quickley was trash, randle was trash compared to his normal output, josh hart is a energy guy we shouldve never paid premium for, hartenstein was a non factor.
brunson for how amazing he scores...is generally a mediocre playmaker for others and the bucks logic as well as the heat is like.......brunson cant score 120 by himself nor is he spoonfeeding and putting other players in position to score a la haliburton.
we need another reliable creator on this team...because while brunson is to be respected.....he cant do it alone against the elite.
bucks are just a bad matchup. randle has a mismatch every other game....except when he plays the bucks.
Rep.

Randle’s achilles heel are the Bucks and the Heat.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
A couple of things I just want to say. First Julius contract is not something I’m necessarily worried about. I’ve always speculated that Julius next contract will be more than Grant but less than Towns so that’s probably around 4/190.

About dealing with Milwaukee we have had Brunson scored 45 (Game 1), Julius Scored 41 (Game 2) and now (Game 3) both gave you 62 points which was way more than half of the team poiNts

^^^^ That’s a depth issue

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Randle and Brunson might not even qualify for Supermax so idk what you're even talking about this 60mil business
Why do we care about 2 years from now?
The Knicks should be worried about this season right now

Knicks need another good player who can score this year right now
fukk 2 years from now the NBA can look totally different

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's not about getting starters, its about getting back what you need. Making a trade just to make a trade is pointless.
I am not going to die on this Hill and say this trade will fix things because it’s a risky premise, but Murray is 20/5/6 and Hunter is 15/4 so you’re getting 35/9/6 in production for Randle’s production. They are both better overall defenders than Randle. Huner is 26, Murray is 27. Plus Hunter is locked for the next 3 years and Murray the next 4.

Both of them would be easier to shed in FA if they want to pull a Brunson with a UFA chase of a superstar because of their contracts. Murray isn’t left handed so teams can’t overload that side of the court.

I am not on some “the Knicks have to do this trade” but on the low it could fix some issues we keep seeing.

Last edited:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Randle and Brunson might not even qualify for Supermax so idk what you're even talking about this 60mil business
Why do we care about 2 years from now?
The Knicks should be worried about this season right now
60 Mil isn’t the super max when they are eligible

:francis:
That was last season’s price they aren’t eligible until the season after next.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They’re just better than us that’s all no grand conclusions need to be made. :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So Brunson goes off by design :mjlol: the disrespect for this guy is ridiculous at this point.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
So Brunson goes off by design :mjlol: the disrespect for this guy is ridiculous at this point.
I literally called the nikka great.
it's not disrespect. he's not getting trapped in the half court. they stick to their defensive principles which is heavy drop coverage and allowed malik beasely to get roasted while they cover up everything else.....brunsons whole strength is that he's great in the midrange...........and the drop coverage and never deviating from it is basically saying...have all the midrange long two pointers your heart can desire....you aint beating us at the rim, with the pass, or with the 3.
And clearly them 2 pointers didnt do all that much. we lost by 20 and gave up 130 :mjlol:
unless you're peak jordan.........open 3s and attempts are the rim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> midrange shots
especially if you're a team racking up 130 points per game over the last month.
its simple math and you getting up in arms. :mjlol:
luka sees drop coverage all game he's getting his 40 +13 assists

team is flawed as hell.