“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I keep tellin ppl Brunson is too small but no one is listening cause he puts up buckets lol

He cant defend for shyt and a lot of the bad defense starts with him. Gonna need an elite defender at the 2 and 3 position (eg prime golden state with klay and draymond) to hide that.
that’s what Grimes is for.

What’s really happening now witb the Knicks is people are starting to have expectations for the team.

The FO tends to not give a fukk about this though and moves as they were going to do anyway. This team is still growing.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that’s what Grimes is for.

What’s really happening now witb the Knicks is people are starting to have expectations for the team.

The FO tends to not give a fukk about this though and moves as they were going to do anyway. This team is still growing.
Grimes doesnt even start anymore :mjlol:

Glorious

All Star
Daps
I keep tellin ppl Brunson is too small but no one is listening cause he puts up buckets lol

He cant defend for shyt and a lot of the bad defense starts with him. Gonna need an elite defender at the 2 and 3 position (eg prime golden state with klay and draymond) to hide that.
It has been very noticeable. After playing the Knicks Hayes has returned to😔his sub self with the Pistons.🤣

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Grimes doesnt even start anymore :mjlol:
And that is a major problem. Possibly the biggest problem. Yeah DDV is a better scorer but they needed Grimes defense to hide Brunson: shyt they needed Grimes defense to help hide Randle too.

This team is losing focus on what works. Make the game ugly and eek out a win. Thibs should be mixing IQ with the starters at PG too against certain opponents to mix it up and not let people just shoot over Brunson all game.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The scheme is for RJ Randle Brunson to take all the shots. Then IQ comes in and takes all the second unit shots.

If Grimes has no opportunity to shoot the ball, he can't get paid.

Rather than run a play for Grimes, he benched the nikka. Lol.
Yeah I think some are really underestimating playing with 3 ball dominant iso starters. Grimes is definitely a rhythm player that needs touches to get himself going. He also almost always plays within himself & within Thibs system, to a default now where it's hurting him & his confidence.

I'm gonna keep saying this but someone needs to get in his ear & have him reach out to Allan Houston

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Back to back games this team has allowed 70 plus at half. This cannot be a coincidence the last two games we have gone against stretch 5’s
It's why we'll struggle with the elite teams during the reg season & especially the playoffs. The 3pt defense is terrible & based off the hope teams miss shots

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I think some are really underestimating playing with 3 ball dominant iso starters. Grimes is definitely a rhythm player that needs touches to get himself going. He also almost always plays within himself & within Thibs system, to a default now where it's hurting him & his confidence.

I'm gonna keep saying this but someone needs to get in his ear & have him reach out to Allan Houston
Reach out to Allan Houston for what exactly :mjlol:

How bout Brunson and thibs just run plays for him to get open while he's in the starting line up?
He will go into every game knowing he's getting shots up instead of forcing it on broken plays.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

How bout Brunson and thibs just run plays for him to get open while he's in the starting line up?
He will go into every game knowing he's getting shots up instead of forcing it on broken plays.

Grimes gotta guard top tier wings for 25 minutes and get 4 shots on the other end. Lol.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

How are you a Knicks fan & you're asking me that clown shyt :heh:

You can't put all the blame on Thibs & the players if all Grimes does is brick any open shots he has or drives & kicks the ball to one of the other players. That's on him. If he knows he's gonna get yanked, then at least he should be trying to be more aggressive & play into his own strengths. Drive to the basket create something for himself or a teammate.

You got me looking crazy here defending Thibs because Grimes needs to take responsibility for not being more aggressive when he actually has the ball

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
How are you a Knicks fan & you're asking me that clown shyt :heh:

You can't put all the blame on Thibs & the players if all Grimes does is brick any open shots he has or drives & kicks the ball to one of the other players. That's on him. If he knows he's gonna get yanked, then at least he should be trying to be more aggressive & play into his own strengths. Drive to the basket create something for himself or a teammate.

You got me looking crazy here defending Thibs because Grimes needs to take responsibility for not being more aggressive when he actually has the ball

I was just reading this and thinking hold up you always shyt on Thibs. :mindblown::laff:

If you defending Thibs then you know its on Grimes.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was just reading this and thinking hold up you always shyt on Thibs. :mindblown::laff:

If you defending Ghibs then you know its on Grimes.
I know bro :heh:

It's gotta be difficult playing with 3 ball dominant iso scorers like we have (and a coach like Thibs) in the starting lineup but Grimes has to share in the blame for not getting himself going