“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
If Donte being on the bench means you’re too scared to shoot now then you not it dog. I’m not buying that shyt.

There’s literally no excuse. I seen Reggie Bullock play this same role a couple of years back and took 8 3’s a game at a 40% clip with no problems. I don’t wanna hear shyt in regards to Grimes.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
If Donte being on the bench means you’re too scared to shoot now then you not it dog. I’m not buying that shyt.

The scheme is for RJ Randle Brunson to take all the shots. Then IQ comes in and takes all the second unit shots.

If Grimes has no opportunity to shoot the ball, he can't get paid.

Rather than run a play for Grimes, he benched the nikka. Lol.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the point im making ( and have been making even before grimes said it publicly) is that thibs looks for reasons to bring Donte in and doesnt allow grimes to make mistakes.

You cant tell me u dont wanna include grimes in a D.Mitchell trade, and then bring in someone to take mins from him da following season lol

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
the point im making ( and have been making even before grimes said it publicly) is that thibs looks for reasons to bring Donte in and doesnt allow grimes to make mistakes.

You cant tell me u dont wanna include grimes in a D.Mitchell trade, and then bring in someone to take mins from him da following season lol
The coach and FO are not fully aligned and Thibs does what he wants.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Facts
But Donte gets to play freely and make mistakes. The point guard is also his bestfriend. Grimes does not get those luxuries
The thing that Donte did to get that look, which Grimes did all of last season but has gotten away from, is sliding into space where the ball-handler can see him and complete the pass without worrying about a defender. Grimes knows how to do that shyt. It's mental for him. This benching might light a fire under him. I hope it does.