“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's TBD until the trade deadline. Acquiring Donte wasn't a move to be viewed in a vacuum. I think it was made with every intention to put together a trade package for a bigger improvement. Idk what the best players you can get for some combination of RJ/IQ/Grimes/Picks is right now; but I think the FO realized that two or more of the young guys will be required to make a big improvement.

Now we gotta wait until the trade deadline to see what shakes loose...maybe faster, next week should be when the trade rumors ramp up because FA's signed over the summer become eligible to move.
You're too intelligent to believe this breh.
Without the brunson and hart connection, no way in hell we go after him.

We have enough assets to make a trade without him. He is not needed lol

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as the Grimes shyt, J-Hart has alluded to some of the same things as far as not touching the ball for a hot min throwing him out of rhythm.

One problem is we have a million guards but no real faciliators on this team. How many times have we watched Brunson/Randle/IQ bring the ball up court and pass to absolutely no one before putting a shot up.

Brunson and IQ are shot-first guards, Randle is probably our most consistent passer but its always a solid chance of him throwing it to the other team instead.

With all that being said, Grimes is a guy last year that was an aggressive slasher off the catch and making cuts regularly, but thats non-existent now for some reason. Seems to me that's bad coaching or he's in his feelings about DDV and cant handle the pressure.
Bringing Donte has negatively impacted Hart, IQ, and Grimes. By no fault of his own either. But bringing in a guy like that hasn't had them build off last year.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
That Grimes shyt is sad once he admitted his confidence is shot it was over. I really hope this helps

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're too intelligent to believe this breh.
Without the brunson and hart connection, no way in hell we go after him.

We have enough assets to make a trade without him. He is not needed lol
Then what? The point is to make a trade and not be left with nothing when we’re done. Bringing in a good player, that’s cheap and that already has chemistry with your star is smart.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well of course. I’m trying to think what the spurs would be willing to move for the right to pay IQ. I don’t think Sochan is available. Would they even go for that pick swap in my McDermott trade scenario?
I don’t think it’s a crazy ask at all. They just moved Sochan to the bench themselves, IQ is a much better player than Sochan and would be their starting PG. They are rumored to want IQ in FA and the Knicks could always either match IQ or come to a deal before they even talk to him in FA, plus Orlando might have interest too, so your paying for the right to not have Orlando outbid or the Knicks just match. Also that Raptor draft pick is protected 1- 6. All the Knicks would be doing is swapping one protected draft pick for another.

Brunson/DDV
Grimes/DDV
RJ/Hart
Randle/Sochan
Mitch/IHart.

I don’t like the concept of moving IQ but Sochan is on a rookie deal for like 4 more seasons, Fournier expires, now they potentially got money to keep Brunson and Randle long term.

Needed to be held accountable for his play eventually.

No excuses at this point.
Nah this part was brought up before. Hart was mumbling about touches too recently. The Knicks created a glut. They didn’t need Dante, and he only on the low makes sense as IQ insurance and a Brunson friend.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then what? The point is to make a trade and not be left with nothing when we’re done. Bringing in a good player, that’s cheap and that already has chemistry with your star is smart.
Not when it leads to Grimes regressing and being benched..Hart and IQ also arent the same

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I don’t think it’s a crazy ask at all. They just moved Sochan to the bench themselves, IQ is a much better player than Sochan and would be their starting PG. They are rumored to want IQ in FA and the Knicks could always either match IQ or come to a deal before they even talk to him in FA, plus Orlando might have interest too. Also that draft pick is protected 1-6 . All the Knicks would be doing is swapping one protected draft pick for another.

Brunson/DDV
Grimes/DDV
RJ/Hart
Randle/Sochan
Mitch/IHart.

Nah this part was brought up before. Hart was mumbling about touches too recently. The Knicks created a glut. They didn’t need Dante, and he only on the low makes sense as IQ insurance and a Brunson friend.

See, JHart may have complained but he didn’t let that shyt fukk up his morale.

He’s been balling since.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Can't stand up for yourself on this team without getting punished or blacklisted. Welcome to Evan Fournier Obi topping life my guy :blessed:

End up benching a player that was off limits in the donovan mitchell trade brehs
Donte's 3 points in the first two minutes of this game is as much or more than Grimes has put up in 5 of the last 7 games.