“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
As far as the Grimes shyt, J-Hart has alluded to some of the same things as far as not touching the ball for a hot min throwing him out of rhythm.

One problem is we have a million guards but no real faciliators on this team. How many times have we watched Brunson/Randle/IQ bring the ball up court and pass to absolutely no one before putting a shot up.

Brunson and IQ are shot-first guards, Randle is probably our most consistent passer but its always a solid chance of him throwing it to the other team instead.

With all that being said, Grimes is a guy last year that was an aggressive slasher off the catch and making cuts regularly, but thats non-existent now for some reason. Seems to me that's bad coaching or he's in his feelings about DDV and cant handle the pressure.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Is he even on the market? And for what?
No clue. Like @storyteller said, probably not. It would be Deni (who’s extension kicks in next summer, it’s almost identical to Mitch’s deal) and we’d probably have to take Landry Shamet’s contract off their hands (10 this year, non guaranteed next year and club option for the third year). I’d assume we’d have to at least give them their pick back. Maybe another protected pick to make them even want to do the trade hypothetically.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i see him as the NBA version of Mina Kimes with NFL at ESPN...doesn't exactly "look the part" but always has good insight, knows the analytics, makes logical assessments.
He actually watches the games that’s why. These other nikkas don’t, making jokes about not know who players are and shyt. It’s insane.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What about for Tre Jones? He'd be a great backup for Brunson.
I think Pop loves Tre. I thought maybe we could get Vassell back but he has a poison pill. Don’t think the Spurs would give up Johnson and he doesn’t help our size problem. Best I could come up with was Fournier and IQ for Champaigne and McDermott. Gives us some size I guess but we’d need a first back from SA in that scenario.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think Pop loves Tre. I thought maybe we could get Vassell back but he has a poison pill. Don’t think the Spurs would give up Johnson and he doesn’t help our size problem. Best I could come up with was Fournier and IQ for Champaigne and McDermott. Gives us some size I guess but we’d need a first back from SA in that scenario.
Size is definitely a problem. I'd go for a good 3/4 hybrid that can shoot from the perimeter and highlight RJ as an inside scorer. That Bojan move would be smart in hindsight.

Edit: Also don't know why Knicks gave up McDermott in the first place.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don’t want to move Quick, but if they were then you’re making it too complicated

Quickley and the 2024 Knicks pick for Sochan and the 2024 Toronto pick. Quick is the better player, but that Toronto pick is a better draft pick, plus Sochan fits a need and is under contract for 3 more years.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don’t want to move Quick, but if they were then you’re making it too complicated

Quickley and the 2024 Knicks pick for Sochan and the 2024 Toronto pick. Quick is the better player, but that Toronto pick is a better draft pick, plus Sochan fits a need and is under contract for 3 more years.
Well of course. I’m trying to think what the spurs would be willing to move for the right to pay IQ. I don’t think Sochan is available. Would they even go for that pick swap in my McDermott trade scenario?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't stand up for yourself on this team without getting punished or blacklisted. Welcome to Evan Fournier Obi topping life my guy :blessed:

End up benching a player that was off limits in the donovan mitchell trade brehs