“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
it absolutely is a gotcha point.
you dont pay premium for something you can have at 1/10th of the cost
you're in a position where you have to maximize every dollar and asset you do have in order to eek out a way to get to being a contender.
cap money allocation is the most important thing you need to emphasize when you're in a situation like the knicks when you have no top 10 player on your roster.
you can afford to fukk up a move or two when you have top 10 players to make up for your mistakes.
our room for error on a night to night basis against elite teams is so miniscule its kinda funny.
PG was our biggest position of weakness at that time. If anything your argument should have been for drafting Jalen Williams at 13 instead of trading for Josh Hart. He’s still undersized but still…

The strategy seems to be to have tradeable contracts to go with the draft picks. We took our swing at Mitchell and missed. We tried our hand at OG but he still hasn’t been moved. There hasn’t been anyone significant available since.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t stop us from making trades. Trades notoriously don’t really happen until all the signings become eligible to be traded. If anything, picking up Donte as insurance for a player your going to trade is sound business.
I never said he did:snoop:

I'm saying we did not need him
If you add him and remove Obi from the Miami series last year, we still fukking lose:snoop:

This team did not address any of da reasons that were needed to win that series. We are actually a smaller team and less athletic team then we were last year and you're cool with it:snoop:

Boston coulda did nothing after last year and still been da best team in da east... they got aggressive, traded away fan favourites, and took a risk to get better. That how you're supposed to operate if you are serious about winning

Just because certain players werent traded, Doesnt mean they wouldn't be traded if you call them up and offer a package. We have picks, 3 players averaging 20 points, young playera with potential, etc.

Problem is knicks dont want to trade randle, brunson, RJ and until recently grimes lol and are hoping that a player forces himself to da team.

That's not how you build a team.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, name them. Who are the impact players that moved that the Knicks should have jumped on? Jrue Holiday? Would have cost us picks, probably IQ and a significant salary to go with Fournier, probably Mitch. Or should we have traded Mitch (on an amazing salary) and filler for KP? Should we have traded for Harden? Marcus Smart? Signed Dillon Brooks? Here’s a list of the rest of the players that moved this summer that we “passed on” cause Donte is Jalen’s friend:
Gabe Vincent
Joe Harris
Monte Morris
Jordan Poole
Richaun Holmes
Taurean Prince
Jaxson Hayes
Chris Duarte
Patty Mills
Malik Beasley
Eric Gordon
Davis Bertans
Cedi Osman
Rudy Gay
John Collins
Joe Ingles
Shake Milton
Troy Brown Jr
Pat Bev
Mo Bamba
Bruce Brown
Jevon Carter
Grant Williams
Dario Saric
Dante Exum
Darius Bazley
Bol bol
Nerlens Noel
Wesley Matthews

Now, assuming all these guys wanted to come to NY, who should we have signed or traded for instead of Donte?
i'm always positive that da knicks didn't look into any of these players lol

and numerous players on this list could of helped.

I'm not doing the job for them, im just pointing out they aint doing shyt lol not sure how that's debateable at this point.

Take away Brunson's father being like a son to Leon, and we've had pretty much da same team for da last 3 years and have only made moves if someone is disgruntled.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I never said he did:snoop:

I'm saying we did not need him
If you add him and remove Obi from the Miami series last year, we still fukking lose:snoop:

This team did not address any of da reasons that were needed to win that series. We are actually a smaller team and less athletic team then we were last year and you're cool with it:snoop:

Boston coulda did nothing after last year and still been da best team in da east... they got aggressive, traded away fan favourites, and took a risk to get better. That how you're supposed to operate if you are serious about winning

Just because certain players werent traded, Doesnt mean they wouldn't be traded if you call them up and offer a package. We have picks, 3 players averaging 20 points, young playera with potential, etc.

Problem is knicks dont want to trade randle, brunson, RJ and until recently grimes lol and are hoping that a player forces himself to da team.

That's not how you build a team.
It’s December 6th. This is a statement for March 6th fam. To act like this is a complete roster for this season is crazy when the “trade season” hasn’t even opened yet. If the trade deadline passes and we go into the playoffs with this exact roster than you are in right to feel like this is a wasted season but I’m not even sure I agree with fully either. If Jalen takes a step forward with national recognition, Julius learns how to consistently play within himself, RJ takes a leap and we have another solid showing in the playoffs, I’m not sure that’s a failure.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s December 6th. This is a statement for March 6th fam. To act like this is a complete roster for this season is crazy when the “trade season” hasn’t even opened yet. If the trade deadline passes and we go into the playoffs with this exact roster than you are in right to feel like this is a wasted season but I’m not even sure I agree with fully either. If Jalen takes a step forward with national recognition, Julius learns how to consistently play within himself, RJ takes a leap and we have another solid showing in the playoffs, I’m not sure that’s a failure.
Fam, name the last time we made a significant trade that helped that the team that didnt involve someone's best friend or loved one lol

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i'm always positive that da knicks didn't look into any of these players lol

and numerous players on this list could of helped.

I'm not doing the job for them, im just pointing out they aint doing shyt lol not sure how that's debateable at this point.

Take away Brunson's father being like a son to Leon, and we've had pretty much da same team for da last 3 years and have only made moves if someone is disgruntled.
But why take that away? Why doesn’t that count? “Knicks had the inside track to a severely undervalued talent and were able to get him for free while also paying him a ridiculous bargain” is another way to look at that. Acting like Leon Rose is some random uncle and not one of the most powerful agents in the sport was always a silly argument.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Fam, name the last time we made a significant trade that helped that the team that didnt involve someone's best friend or loved one lol
Funny enough, those were the moves that have helped the team the most. Hartenstein’s probably the best “non relationship” move we’ve made.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But why take that away? Why doesn’t that count? “Knicks had the inside track to a severely undervalued talent and were able to get him for free while also paying him a ridiculous bargain” is another way to look at that. Acting like Leon Rose is some random uncle and not one of the most powerful agents in the sport was always a silly argument.
It counts but it requires minimal effort. Anyone can call up a life long friend or someone you ive had connects with and say come play with me lol

These hundreds of other players out there that they have zero connection with and they have shown no interest in trading them.Not to mention RIch Paul won't even do business with us so we're caught up in some petty beef that has nothing to do with us.

This isnt supposed to be da family and friends club

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I-Hart is a CAA Client
but he's definitely a solid pick up.
It counts but it requires minimal effort. Anyone can call up a life long friend or someone you ive had connects with and say come play with me lol

These hundreds of other players out there that they have zero connection with and they have shown no interest in trading them.Not to mention RIch Paul won't even do business with us so we're caught up in some petty beef that has nothing to do with us.

This isnt supposed to be da family and friends club
Part of Leon’s appeal was that significant connection. The meal isn’t finished. Let them nikkas keep cooking.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think we got to be patient and wait for another team to fukk up and shed above average talent for cheap.

Randle was a good player and he and a lot of other good players got let go by the Lakers to chase Lebron.

The Mavs fukked up with Brunson.

Its annoying knowing this team is good but not a contender but we all sort of knew that before this. The Knicks need to wait for a situation where they can go for that next piece cheap are at least a reasonable price.

Who that is idk. You quiz me in 2020 and I would not know Randle and Brunson would be who they are now.

Also maybe one or two of the kids take that leap. RJ and IQ shows signs. Grimes might figure it out. The Knicks have a bunch of other good trade pieces and picks. It’s annoying but they can afford to be patient. Somebody will eventually fukk up, as long as it’s not them again we’re good.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think we got to be patient and wait for another team to fukk up and shed above average talent for cheap.

Randle was a good player and he and a lot of other good players got let go by the Lakers to chase Lebron.

The Mavs fukked up with Brunson.

Its annoying knowing this team is good but not a contender but we all sort of knew that before this. The Knicks need to wait for a situation where they can go for that next piece cheap are at least a reasonable price.

Who that is idk. You quiz me in 2020 and I would not know Randle and Brunson would be who they are now.

Also maybe one or two of the kids take that leap. RJ and IQ shows signs. Grimes might figure it out. The Knicks have a bunch of other good trade pieces and picks. It’s annoying but they can afford to be patient. Somebody will eventually fukk up, as long as it’s not them again we’re good.
Agreed. I think the Raptors will sell eventually. OG is still in play.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
We went into the Cavs series last season with the best player. Brunson

All ya nikkas bytching about trading for a star yet none of you have said which star is available and we should trade for.

Ya don’t want lavine, anytime KAT’s name comes up, ya run scared. Some of ya were complaining about embiid’s name.