“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so. I think they just don't like who's available now or before. They can't force the Clippers to trade PG13, and I'm hoping that's who they're waiting for. He's the best fit.

If they rush and bring in Derozan, Idk how that'll work. LaVine...I actually like the scheme fit, but not the contract or health. KAT might not be available any more and Idk if he's built to handle NYC. Jrue Holiday mighta been a good chase.
No one can convince me that the knicks front office is giving maximum effort and turning over every leaf to improve the team. Teams will lesser assets than us have made moves not only this summer, but last summer.

Some of you guys (not saying you)are acting like we've gone over every option and we have no other option than to stick with what we have lol.

That's bullshyt. I'm not necessairly asking for superstar Players, just impact players. Players are there to be traded for...but you actually have to do work lol... call ppl, and offer shyt.

People forget we have da most inexperienced front office in da league. Even worse with Perry leaving. They are cool with not being embarrassments

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i didnt ask to sign anyone
i said we shoulda made a trade.
We have assets, we have picks, take a swing at someone.
Picking up donte was even more reason to trade one of our guards.

Donte was not needed all
He didn’t stop us from making trades. Trades notoriously don’t really happen until all the signings become eligible to be traded. If anything, picking up Donte as insurance for a player your going to trade is sound business.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
well this is why you draft players instead of punting the last two years
we gave up a first and cam reddish for josh hart.
josh is an okay player, but for his production you can draft a christian braun for 1/10th of what josh will make next year and allocate the rest of the money for stuff thats more essential.
watching him get punished by actual power forwards was depressing.
paying 18+ mill for an energy player is some knicks shyt.
knicks fans: "we need a wing, get us a wing"
the knicks:
GAonHhqWkAAd9LO.jpg
You make good points but that draft shyt is weak. Drafting has been a position of strength for us. Missing out on Herbert Jones at 34 isn’t some gotcha point.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
No one can convince me that the knicks front office is giving maximum effort and turning over every leaf to improve the team. Teams will lesser assets than us have made moves not only this summer, but last summer.

Some of you guys (not saying you)are acting like we've gone over every option and we have no other option than to stick with what we have lol.

That's bullshyt. I'm not necessairly asking for superstar Players, just impact players. Players are there to be traded for...but you actually have to do work lol... call ppl, and offer shyt.

People forget we have da most inexperienced front office in da league. Even worse with Perry leaving. They are cool with not being embarrassments
Again, name them. Who are the impact players that moved that the Knicks should have jumped on? Jrue Holiday? Would have cost us picks, probably IQ and a significant salary to go with Fournier, probably Mitch. Or should we have traded Mitch (on an amazing salary) and filler for KP? Should we have traded for Harden? Marcus Smart? Signed Dillon Brooks? Here’s a list of the rest of the players that moved this summer that we “passed on” cause Donte is Jalen’s friend:
Gabe Vincent
Joe Harris
Monte Morris
Jordan Poole
Richaun Holmes
Taurean Prince
Jaxson Hayes
Chris Duarte
Patty Mills
Malik Beasley
Eric Gordon
Davis Bertans
Cedi Osman
Rudy Gay
John Collins
Joe Ingles
Shake Milton
Troy Brown Jr
Pat Bev
Mo Bamba
Bruce Brown
Jevon Carter
Grant Williams
Dario Saric
Dante Exum
Darius Bazley
Bol bol
Nerlens Noel
Wesley Matthews

Now, assuming all these guys wanted to come to NY, who should we have signed or traded for instead of Donte?

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
You make good points but that draft shyt is weak. Drafting has been a position of strength for us. Missing out on Herbert Jones ant 35 isn’t some gotcha point.
it absolutely is a gotcha point.
you dont pay premium for something you can have at 1/10th of the cost
you're in a position where you have to maximize every dollar and asset you do have in order to eek out a way to get to being a contender.
cap money allocation is the most important thing you need to emphasize when you're in a situation like the knicks when you have no top 10 player on your roster.
you can afford to fukk up a move or two when you have top 10 players to make up for your mistakes.
our room for error on a night to night basis against elite teams is so miniscule its kinda funny.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just use the draft picks to actually draft 2 6'8 athletic wings. If you end up drafting a bigger Grimes do that :yeshrug:It's a massive need
The problem with that is the Knicks are drafting in what the late teens/20’s? Maybe they can move up but even if they draft someone in the late lottery…. Who are they getting minutes over and Thibs don’t like rushing people to heavy minutes anyway.

I’ve mentioned Jerami Grant and Deandre Hunter but honestly they ain’t moving the needle. I think the Knicks are stuck. They got to wait for another team to fukk up like the Mavs did with Brunson to make the next leap or they got to move the kids, but even then will it just create another hole on the roster.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The problem with that is the Knicks are drafting in what the late teens/20’s? Maybe they can move up but even if they draft someone in the late lottery…. Who are they getting minutes over and Thibs don’t like rushing people to heavy minutes anyway.

I’ve mentioned Jerami Grant and Deandre Hunter but honestly they ain’t moving the needle. I think the Knicks are stuck. They got to wait for another team to fukk up like the Mavs did with Brunson to make the next leap or they got to move the kids, but even then will it just create another hole on the roster.
Just draft them, let them develop in the meantime. The requirement though is they need to be athletic and at least 6'8. We can't get by with a midget team the Bucks, Boston, and even Pels showed are too small. RJ should not be our biggest wing he should be the average height on our team. Hart, Donte, Grimes? They're all 6'3-6-4 little guards and even Brunson was getting killed yesterday by that AJ Green kid. He just shot 3s right over him

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just draft them, let them develop in the meantime. The requirement though is they need to be athletic and at least 6'8. We can't get by with a midget team the Bucks, Boston, and even Pels showed are too small. RJ should not be our biggest wint he should be the average height on our team. Hart, Donte, Grimes? They're all 6'3-6-4 little guards and even Brunson was getting killed yesterday by that AJ Green kid. He just shot 3s right over him
That is a good point. We are a small team

:ehh: