“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's unfortunate to see a player with a decent off hand and good form be stuck shooting corner 3s all game, every game.

And thibs with his batman voice, telling him, "play defense, it'll come together!"
I’m tired of him clanking open and good looks shyt is almost always strong he needs to make shots period.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Okay, hear me out...the Bulls firesale starts...Grimes and Fournier's expiring for Patrick Williams and Alex Caruso…we’ll throw in one of the protected picks or something.
Caruso has been very good this year but I’m not a fan of Patrick Williams.

I have hope Grimes can turn it around offensively and we can keep assets for a bigger trade.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I’m tired of him clanking open and good looks shyt is almost always strong he needs to make shots period.

Good looks don't mean automatic makes. 3pt'ers at best are 40 percent shots.

He's the only player in the rotation making no effort to get to the rim. If that's the gamelan. That ain't ideal.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Caruso has been very good this year but I’m not a fan of Patrick Williams.

I have hope Grimes can turn it around offensively and we can keep assets for a bigger trade.
I like Grimes' upside more than the deal too, tbh. But it's an intriguing one if the team seems like it can't get over the hump of beating bad teams and Grimes is still struggling near the deadline. I think this move leaves enough assets to make a bigger move in the offseason. The idea of Caruso/Hart Foundation/DiVincenzo in this system is pretty tempting. P-Will would be a cheap shot at a reclamation piece with upside.

Either way, the best-case scenario is Grimes gets his head straight. The third quarter looked like a flash of last season from him. If he gets going, these guys are closer than people might realize; some of these other squads are going to fade with wear and tear.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's unfortunate to see a player with a decent off hand and good form be stuck shooting corner 3s all game, every game.

And thibs with his batman voice, telling him, "play defense, it'll come together!"
im not a fan of thibs, but he's not da reason that man refuses to get to da free throw line lol its not like he's steve novak or something.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Grimes' upside more than the deal too, tbh. But it's an intriguing one if the team seems like it can't get over the hump of beating bad teams and Grimes is still struggling near the deadline. I think this move leaves enough assets to make a bigger move in the offseason. The idea of Caruso/Hart Foundation/DiVincenzo in this system is pretty tempting. P-Will would be a cheap shot at a reclamation piece with upside.

Either way, the best-case scenario is Grimes gets his head straight. The third quarter looked like a flash of last season from him. If he gets going, these guys are closer than people might realize; some of these other squads are going to fade with wear and tear.
"Hart Foundation" :wow:

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Williams nor Caruso is moving the needle to serious contender. Knicks need an all star level player, and they have the assets to get one. Just need to be patient.

As a core we are solid, team chemistry, ball movement, trusting each other. It ain’t enough to get a chip tho. Don’t mean we can’t improve in the short term.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Williams nor Caruso is moving the needle to serious contender. Knicks need an all star level player, and they have the assets to get one. Just need to be patient.
That guy ain't shaking loose for a while. When Zach LaVine leads trade rumor discussion, better off investing in a Luka Doncic voodoo doll

Okay, hear me out...the Bulls firesale starts...Grimes and Fournier's expiring for Patrick Williams and Alex Caruso…we’ll throw in one of the protected picks or something.
Gotta add more.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
As a core we are solid, team chemistry, ball movement, trusting each other. It ain’t enough to get a chip tho. Don’t mean we can’t improve in the short term.
I still think the most likely move is no big move. It’s boring, but boring isn’t always bad.

Let Fournier expire for the 18 Mil in cap space. Then use that space and exceptions to comfortably sign IQ and IHart to longer contracts. Then hopefully draft the D&3 combo forward to run it back on more time. Meanwhile, try to get out the second round with this team and get them more playoff experience.

When the only real hole on the roster is a D&3 combo forward to play spot minutes to slow opposing star wings up. I don’t think you got to do anything drastic. There are a decent amount of guys around the league this season that fits that mold that might become available too. Idk

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Probably. Michael Scotto said the Bulls want 2 firsts for Caruso alone. I'm hoping that this year's trade deadline has more sellers to drive some asking prices down.
Offer a 24 Knick first and the Mavericks first solely because they'll convey and you have 2 other high 2's.

Get out of this draft.