“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Great point
But we have no one to pick up da slack for Randle and he's gonna miss time at some point
I'm guessing that's where the Bojan rumors originate. But there really aren't enough minutes in the rotation for that kinda move. I think the hope has to be that Grimes/RJ/DiVo/Hart/Mitch can combine to pick up the scoring and rebounding if Randle's out/struggling.

I kinda want to see if they can survive a brief bench stint, because Randle could be a sell-high candidate this offseason. He'll have one more season before he exercises a player option and costs a LOT more, assuming he can keep it up.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm guessing that's where the Bojan rumors originate. But there really aren't enough minutes in the rotation for that kinda move. I think the hope has to be that Grimes/RJ/DiVo/Hart/Mitch can combine to pick up the scoring and rebounding if Randle's out/struggling.

I kinda want to see if they can survive a brief bench stint, because Randle could be a sell-high candidate this offseason. He'll have one more season before he exercises a player option and costs a LOT more, assuming he can keep it up.
Bojan would be a solid pick up for us.
I can't see our front office ever trading Randle unless he becomes disgruntled. We aren't a "trade when we has high value" type of franchise even though we should be.

Look at how high Grimes value was a year ago...ppl had him off limits in pretty much every trade scenario. Now look at him... we'll be lucky to get two second rounders at da end of da season for him at this pace.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bojan would be a solid pick up for us.
I can't see our front office ever trading Randle unless he becomes disgruntled. We aren't a "trade when we has high value" type of franchise even though we should be.

Look at how high Grimes value was a year ago...ppl had him off limits in pretty much every trade scenario. Now look at him... we'll be lucky to get two second rounders at da end of da season for him at this pace.
Yeah, my biggest complaint about this FO is that they never know when to cut losses or maximize a prospect's value.

The Randle situation is a bit unique. He's gonna be up for a massive raise at the same time as Brunson. Plus, his switch from CAA to new agents makes me think he's trying to get the full bag. It might impossible to keep both at their maxes.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, my biggest complaint about this FO is that they never know when to cut losses or maximize a prospect's value.

The Randle situation is a bit unique. He's gonna be up for a massive raise at the same time as Brunson. Plus, his switch from CAA to new agents makes me think he's trying to get the full bag. It might impossible to keep both at their maxes.
True
And Brunson for obvious reaaons isn't going anywhere. He's damn near CAA family.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I like grime but 20 games without a free throw as a shooting guard is more than a dry spell..
He’s probably been more focused on hitting his three than driving. The 3 pt shot is his offensive identity and the drive is the counter when they try to run him off the perimeter or go under screens

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Okay, hear me out...the Bulls firesale starts...Grimes and Fournier's expiring for Patrick Williams and Alex Caruso…we’ll throw in one of the protected picks or something.
If that's all it took I'd do it but Hart starting would be a disaster. Pat Will at the 3 so RJ could go to the 2 and bully the small guards?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If that's all it took I'd do it but Hart starting would be a disaster. Pat Will at the 3 so RJ could go to the 2 and bully the small guards?
IQ starts, Hart stays the 3, Randle and RJ play less when they're running cold or Williams is cooking. Basically, audition IQ since I think he's getting a starter value contract after this season regardless.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
IQ starts, Hart stays the 3, Randle and RJ play less when they're running cold or Williams is cooking. Basically, audition IQ since I think he's getting a starter value contract after this season regardless.
I'm not mad at IQ starting :jbhmm:So 2nd unit is Caruso, Donte, Pat, Hart, and IHart?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I really like IQ as a sixth man, and the bench being a faster unit of guys who could start on other teams. Honestly I like the lineup in general if Grimes hits his 3’s for spacing with the starters.

They just need to find a D&3 wing to slow down the elite iso scorer wings and I think they could give any team a run for their money in a 7 game series.