“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I know the IQ part is getting traction on twitter but this part caught me early...

Given recent average annual salaries for centers Jarrett Allen ($20 million), Jusuf Nurkic ($17.5 million), Deandre Ayton ($33.2 million), Jakob Poeltl ($19.5 million), and Brook Lopez ($24 million) in free agency the past few offseasons, Claxton is projected to be over earn over $20 million per year in free agency.

Mitch is making 16 million this season, 14 million next season, and 13 million in the last season of this contract. His deal is really nice! Now, I gotta read the rest of the article on the train home.

I had mentioned before the game last night a couple of big wings to have on the bench for depth in Dorian Smith and O'Neale from the Nets.

Torey Craig is another option to look at. Those are solid options to get in case they don't want to make a big splash imo

What do y'all think?
DFS would be great, but the article above says Brooklyn wants the equivalent of two firsts for him. If the asking price comes down, I'd definitely be interested.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I know the IQ part is getting traction on twitter but this part caught me early...

Mitch is making 16 million this season, 14 million next season, and 13 million in the last season of this contract. His deal is really nice! Now, I gotta read the rest of the article on the train home.

DFS would be great, but the article above says Brooklyn wants the equivalent of two firsts for him. If the asking price comes down, I'd definitely be interested.

I figured they would want a first but two is crazy considering breh tends to be inconsistent with his shot.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Only name that stood out was Kuminga. But not sure he’s a good fit for us aside from a project.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I still think De’andre Hunter makes sense. His money matches up just right with Fournier, Atlanta is looking like a treadmill team and should shed salary, Siddiq cost them 5 second rounders and is a FA, and Jalen Johnson who looks good for them is on a rookie deal.

Fournier, Mavs pick, and those seconds could get it done. Especially if the Hawks are trying to get picks for a Siakim package.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I still think De’andre Hunter makes sense. His money matches up just right with Fournier, Atlanta is looking like a treadmill team and should shed salary, Siddiq cost them 5 second rounders and is a FA, and Jalen Johnson who looks good for them is on a rookie deal.

Fournier, Mavs pick, and those seconds could get it done. Especially if the Hawks are trying to get picks for a Siakim package.

How about using some of these picks to actually draft a player? Use the others for a trade

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Some interesting nuggets in this piece:
- RJ hasn't played without either Randle or Hart on the floor. So he's always shared the floor with one of Thibs' rotation PFs so far.

- IQ with the starters has an insane net rating, but that's on a very small sample size, which is weird.

- Hart, with the starters, has a terrible net rating. He's the first sub off the bench when Quickley should be.

- Switching Donte into the starting lineup could have unintended consequences for the second unit. Grimes' splits with IQ are awful. But I think there's a case for IQ in for Grimes, based on the numbers.