“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Mikal Bridges on playing with Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson:

“I think they complement each other, before I even got here, so well. Jalen and Julius (Randle), them two, just playing off them,” Bridges said. “I know how to play with Jalen when he has the ball; it's just from throughout the years and the chemistry we had. And I think trying to build that with Julius in the preseason and training camp. They were good last year. I think I'll just come in and I could fit.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Mikal on helping the defense

“It also helps to have Hart and OG Anunoby to share the floor with defensively. Even primarily being a small forward, Bridges did spend time at the 4 occasionally with the Nets last season. With that said, he doesn’t know whether or not that’ll be the case in New York this year.

“They're some strong dudes,” Bridges said. “I'm strong in my own way, but they're some strong dudes. We’ll see. I feel like we'll have a lot of situations where we just switch everything or switch 1-4. It wouldn't look too bad unless we're playing a big team like Cleveland and they want to have (Evan) Mobley and (Jarrett) Allen at the 4/5.”

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Time to move on and get a reliable starting C
No way you're gonna be playing for championships relying on someone who misses half of every season
Bro don’t forget Bynum or even Tyson Chandler. A few teams have won championships with injury prone defenaive centers being healthy at the right time. shyt even the Celtics got some juice out of KP. Lowkey Mitch rushed back for the playoffs and then ran into that bytch Embiid.

They could try to move on but how when he is injured? No team would trade for him until he came back and showed he could stay healthy for a few months. They will likely look to add someone to be a better backup to Mitch.

Last edited:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Could Randle be good enough at the center position for a couple of months?

Offseason looks funny in the light

Precious and Sims as your centers until January is nasty work

Williams III is way too injury prone and Ainge is gonna ask for the moon for Kessler.

I'd look at Nick Richards from Charlotte

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can survive the regular season with Precious Achiuwa, at least if he plays like he did last season when we needed him to step up. But they need a reliable big body for the post season. I honestly don't mind taking some time to see how a smaller, but more switchable crew works. But even if it's successful, I'll want the Knicks to bring in an insurance big by the deadline. It's just the difference between needing to chase a surefire starter or more of a minutes-eater.

Nick Richards, Jonas Valanciunas, and Deandre Ayton all ought to be available at points of this upcoming season. So, if the price is right, there will be options. I wouldn't mind Robert Williams either, but you run the risk of both he and Mitch being hurt.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Francis: We
You can survive the regular season with Precious Achiuwa, at least if he plays like he did last season when we needed him to step up. But they need a reliable big body for the post season. I honestly don't mind taking some time to see how a smaller, but more switchable crew works. But even if it's successful, I'll want the Knicks to bring in an insurance big by the deadline. It's just the difference between needing to chase a surefire starter or more of a minutes-eater.

Nick Richards, Jonas Valanciunas, and Deandre Ayton all ought to be available at points of this upcoming season. So, if the price is right, there will be options. I wouldn't mind Robert Williams either, but you run the risk of both he and Mitch being hurt.
:camby: we need to move on from that goofy c00n fakkit Bytchell