Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I like the option.
I play warzone regularly with a couple pc friends and they chat through discord.
A side note that I've thought about for a while is that there is a down side to circumventing in game chat:
For example, Insurgency Sandstorm has a proximity chat feature that's dope as hell. You can hear EVERYONE that's close to you regardless of the team they're on. So you get to hear the enemy players calling out their moves. It also adds an element of choosing when and how to communicate. 3rd party chat would break in game functions like this. It's not a HUGE issue for 99% of games, but I was really hoping proximity chat would be a feature implemented in more games.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully, Playstation and Nintendo get it soon because crossplay is becoming a common feature for most multiplayer games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its good for crossplay. If im on pc and my friend is on xbox he doesnt have to use his phone for discord, now he can just use it through the xbox natively.

Just fyi this isn’t being done natively you still need to use your phone. Theres no native app on it, im assuming the same will apply to playstation.

Discord voice chat on Xbox works by essentially transferring voice chats from Discord to an Xbox, and it's supported on both Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X consoles. That means you can't directly join Discord calls from an Xbox, and there's no dedicated Discord app on the console. Instead, you always use the mobile app to sling calls across, and they integrate into an Xbox Party-like interface.

rdj

Pro
Daps
Just fyi this isn’t being done natively you still need to use your phone. Theres no native app on it, im assuming the same will apply to playstation.

Damn that sucks, hopefully with playstation partnering with them the implementation is better.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I like the option.
I play warzone regularly with a couple pc friends and they chat through discord.
A side note that I've thought about for a while is that there is a down side to circumventing in game chat:
For example, Insurgency Sandstorm has a proximity chat feature that's dope as hell. You can hear EVERYONE that's close to you regardless of the team they're on. So you get to hear the enemy players calling out their moves. It also adds an element of choosing when and how to communicate. 3rd party chat would break in game functions like this. It's not a HUGE issue for 99% of games, but I was really hoping proximity chat would be a feature implemented in more games.
Halo 3 had proximity chat. It was funny as hell when you roll up on someone n hear em go “oh fukk!:mjcry:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats dope, hopefully it comes to PS as well. DIscord has been holding me down socially since the pandemic

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
LOL. I can barely use Discord on a PC. I can't imagine it being shoe horned into a console. That's when I really knew I was getting old. That damn app is just odd to use.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

That's not terrible.
I thought you were saying it was going to be a super half baked version like Nintendo's terrible chat app that you have to speak directly into the phone.
The way the video shows it isn't that bad at all.
I wonder if the discord channel will stay available after joining it once or will we have to connect via the app first every single time.
In any case, not the end of the world. I'm moderately excited to try it out tonight.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
LOL. I can barely use Discord on a PC. I can't imagine it being shoe horned into a console. That's when I really knew I was getting old. That damn app is just odd to use.
Yeah I feel/felt same way. Once u get used to it it’s pretty easy to navigate. Kinda like going to a iPhone for the first time. shyt is weird but after u figure it out shyt works great