Digital Foundery breaks down series S (saw it in March)

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Finished the video

as always DF on their shyt, it’s why they’re respected in the business...everyone else would have been dropping leaks and vague hints on twitter...meanwhile these boys straight professionals.

They do have some concerns about the ram, but John feels the key in all this here is the cpu being the exact same....developers should have much more room to make adjustments since we not dealing with any bottlenecks this gen.

Back compat titles might not get those X enhancements on the series S but due to the gpu being vastly superior compared to the OG xbone a lot of those back compat titles that had troubles with frame rate should be cleaned up nicely.

All in all the S will have some limitations but John and Rich agree you really getting a value piece of tech here for just 300 dollars

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Finished the video

as always DF on their shyt, it’s why they’re respected in the business...everyone else would have been dropping leaks and vague hints on twitter...meanwhile these boys straight professionals.

They do have some concerns about the ram, but John feels the key in all this here is the cpu being the exact same....developers should have much more room to make adjustments since we not dealing with any bottlenecks this gen.

Back compat titles might not get those X enhancements on the series S but due to the gpu being vastly superior compared to the OG xbone a lot of those back compat titles that had troubles with frame rate should be cleaned up nicely.

All in all the S will have some limitations but John and Rich agree you really getting a value piece of tech here for just 300 dollars
they not dealing with bottlenecks ? why these devs out here saying othwerwise then ? :sas2:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Finished the video

Appreciate it :salute:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The fact that the Series S can’t run Xbox one x titles in its enhanced mode is troubling.

Series S for as good as it’s tech is , is DOA for me.

Is Digital Foundry the first group to mention this?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Finished the video

My biggest concern with the series s is the memory. 500 gb is a tiny amount and the memory cards start at $200+

A series s + memory card will cost you more than it would to buy a series x.

They really should have added a bigger SSD in the series s.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
My biggest concern with the series s is the memory. 500 gb is a tiny amount and the memory cards start at $200+

A series s + memory card will cost you more than it would to buy a series x.

They really should have added a bigger SSD in the series s.
Remember that you'll only need a SSD to play the next gen game, but you can still use regular ole external HDDs to store them in cold storage. And then when its time to play something, move it over to the SSD

On current gen moving a 40ish GB game from external to internal on the xbox one takes around 15 mins, so I asssume it'll be even quicker with on xbox series s and x

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Remember that you'll only need a SSD to play the next gen game, but you can still use regular ole external HDDs to store them in cold storage. And then when its time to play something, move it over to the SSD

On current gen moving a 40ish GB game from external to internal on the xbox one takes around 15 mins, so I asssume it'll be even quicker with on xbox series s and x
I don't think people getting the Series S are going to bother with an external. By that same token, I don't think they'll care to have a bunch of games installed at once. I'm not optimistic about the claims that having an SSD rather than a HDD (instant access vs seek time) is going to decrease install sizes. They might shrink a little, but I'm sure that the space saved by not having to include assets multiple times will just be replaced by different or larger ones.