Die Hart (Hart, Travolta, Hartnett) Roku Series, (Now a movie on Amazon)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

John Travolta To Star With Kevin Hart In Quibi Series ‘Die Hart’ – Deadline

John Travolta is set to star opposite Kevin Hart in Quibi comedic action series Die Hart (fka Action Scene). Production starts Monday.

Written by Tripper Clancy and Derek Kolstad and directed by Eric Appel, in Die Hart, Hart plays a fictionalized version of himself who’s tired of being the comedic sidekick. He gets his wish when a famous director offers him his dream – to be a leading man action star – but there’s a catch: Kevin must first train at the world’s greatest action star school, run by a lunatic (Travolta). Pushed to his limits by this action school coach and a tough-minded rival student, Kevin must survive a series of hilarious, over-the-top action sequences and face his fears if he wants to achieve his dream and land the role of a lifetime.

Die Hart is the first production of its kind from Laugh Out Loud. Hart executive produces with Candice Wilson, Bryan Smiley and Jeff Clanagan, Laugh Out Loud’s President and Hart’s long-time business partner serving as producers on the project.

Hart and Clanagan created the action-packed opening sequence to Hart’s 2016 concert film Kevin Hart: What Now? alongside the film’s director, Tim Story. Starring Halle Berry, Don Cheadle, and Ed Helms, the piece would go on to serve as the inspiration for Die Hart.

Die Hart will be Travolta’s first TV role since his Emmy-nominated turn as Robert Shapiro in The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. He shared in the show’s Emmy win as producer. On the big screen, Travolta was most recently seen in starring roles in Trading Paint, The Poison Rose and The Fanatic. Travolta is repped by ICM Partners and Artists First Inc.

don't know what the fukk Quibi is, but the premise of the series sounds funny enough

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Travolta trying to be Steven Seigal now

I'mma need to see videos of Travolta flipping people with the turn of his wrists to make it authentic.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I saw the commercial for this all week. I was like "Why the hell is Kevin Hart doing stuff for...Quibi? :what:"

That seems like some fall off type shyt right? But I may not be up to date on the latest platforms, maybe Quibi is an up and comer that he has an investment in? :manny:

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I saw the commercial for this all week. I was like "What the hell is Kevin Hart doing stuff for...Quibi? :what:"

That seems like some fall off type shyt right? But I may not be up to date on the latest platforms, maybe Quibi is an up and comer that he has an investment in? :manny:

Quibi is a pretty new service that was founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg, a huge Disney mogul, so it launched in 2020 with all these prestigious shows with celeb actors. No one gave a fukk though and the whole thing basically bombed. K Hart was probably attached and made this show before the whole service launched, crashed and burned.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Started watching the 1st episode but had to go out.
shyt is kinda funny tbh.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
they combined/turned it into a movie on Amazon
And a sequel now. I find Kevin Hart to be a funny dude, but he makes some truly horrible movies that you can tell just from the previews are going to be pure garbage. That joke from the white broad on the the Tome Brady roast about him waking up early each day to make another shtty movie was so poignant