☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Partners with Motown Records for Music Comeback – Billboard
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Partners With Motown Records for First Album from His R&B Label Love Records
Sean "Diddy" Combs launches label Love Records with album release via Motown Records.
Gail Mitchell05/10/2022
diddy-Ethiopia-Habtemariam-Credit-Gio-Bandero-for-Combs-Enterprises-2022-billboard-1548.jpg

Sean "Diddy" Combs and Motown Records' Ethiopia Habtemariam Gio Bandero for Combs Enterprisesnone
As he prepares for his debut as host and executive producer of the upcoming 2022 Billboard Music Awards (May 15), Sean “Diddy” Combs— aka Love — is announcing news on another front. He is formally launching his Love Records in tandem with signing a one-time album deal with Motown Records.

The forthcoming album will be the first project under the imprint, which will focus solely on R&B through the release of singles and collaborative projects with artists, producers and songwriters.

On marking his official return to music, Combs said in a statement, “Music has always been my first love; Love Records is the next chapter about getting back to the love and making the best music of my life. For the label, I’m focused on creating timeless R&B music with the next generation of artists and producers. Motown is the perfect partner for my album, and I’m excited to add to its legacy.”

Motown Records CEO/chairwoman Ethiopia Habtemariam stated, “This is a major moment for Motown, as Diddy is one of this century’s most important voices in music and culture. To be a part of his next evolution and album is nothing short of monumental.”

Combs serves as executive producer, curator and A&R of Love Records’ first album, due this summer. In addition, he will continue to oversee his successful label predecessor, Bad Boy Entertainment. During his 30-year career as a producer, songwriter, rapper, label executive and head of Combs Enterprises, Combs is a three-time Grammy Award winner who has collaborated with a host of hitmakers, including Mary J. Blige, The Notorious B.I.G., Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Boyz II Men, Britney Spears and Kanye West, among others.

Combs is managed by SAL&CO where he is represented by Wassim “Sal” Slaiby.

love-records-logo-2022-billboard-1548.jpg

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
thibs endorsed :blessed:

any attempt to revive r&b im with it. the genre flat out sucks, right now. been to a few parties here (dc) and vegas over the past few months and whenever that r&b pocket comes on they fly from the trap back to the 90s because hardly anything in the past 15 years has stuck. not that weekend/bruno shyt either. i cant even think of a rapless r&b anthem this side of ella mae during this era.:hubie:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O

any attempt to revive r&b im with it. the genre flat out sucks, right now. been to a few parties here (dc) and vegas over the past few months and whenever that r&b pocket comes on they fly from the trap back to the 90s because hardly anything in the past 15 years has stuck. not that weekend/bruno shyt either. i cant even think of a rapless r&b anthem this side of ella mae during this era.:hubie:
You need to expand bro
Alex Isley drops heat

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

uh, no its doing fine right now.

actually.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
diddy ear is right

he has been apart of a lot of r&b waves

but if he's serious keep his verses off the records & keep the rappers away from the work

if you don't have vocals you should not be in front of the mic for this trip

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
All the R&B vocalists these days pose as street rappers like Rod Wave.

Every now and then you'll get a hit R&B singer like Giveon but he's nowhere near the level of his predecessors.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

What are you defining as this era?

Tiller has a few anthems, so does Party

Male R&B isn’t mainstream anymore. Diddy isn’t about to change a thing