Did you like the way the prequels handled Darth Vader's Transition to the Dark Side?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm finishing up the prequels. Overall I felt it was disappointing the way they did it over the course of the movies. The writing could have been better.

I just saw the turn and I'm like "that's it?" :dwillhuh: :dahell:

Dude made that final move based on a "what if." :martin:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. The movies were just an overlay but the Clone Wars TV show helped to add layers.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No.

But unlike most people I don't really blame the actors, they did ok with what they had to work with. The real problem was just bad writing. Anakin's reason for turning evil (ie. "had a dream about his wife dying") was fundamentally just not a good enough reason for him to do what he did.

Also, the plot was entirely dependent on everybody trusting Palaptine despite him being one of the most obviously evil mofos ever.

I hate the way they handled padme death. This warrior woman gave up on life because her husband was mean to her.

Also this. I realize she had to die to setup the original trilogy but that was a stupid reason and wasn't in character. They should've just went with Vader accidentally killing her.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Anakin's reason for turning evil (ie. "had a dream about his wife dying") was fundamentally just not a good enough reason for him to do what he did.

Also, the plot was entirely dependent on everybody trusting Palaptine despite him being one of the most obviously evil mofos ever.

Also this. I realize she had to die to setup the original trilogy but that was a stupid reason and wasn't in character. They should've just went with Vader accidentally killing her.

Then after Anakin kills Sam Jackson, Palpatines's like "together we can hopefully figure your little problem out" and Anakin just goes :manny: whatever

:mjlol:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Absolutely. People who think it was just about his wife weren't paying attention.

It definitely made more sense than Palpatine's plan for Luke, which was "hey I know we never met before but if you get really angry and kill this dude you'll be my servant forever lol".

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Then after Anakin kills Sam Jackson, Palpatines's like "together we can hopefully figure your little problem out" and Anakin just goes :manny: whatever

:mjlol:

Palpatine: I beg you, use the power of the dark side to save the one you love. It's the only way to save Padme.

Anakin: *betrays Mace Windu, pledges his allegiance to the Sith and becomes Darth Vader*

Palpatine: Well see, when I said "save" her I meant that hopefully we could think of something :manny: now go kill these younglings for me right quick. :troll:

:gucci:

Last edited:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.

But unlike most people I don't really blame the actors, they did ok with what they had to work with. The real problem was just bad writing. Anakin's reason for turning evil (ie. "had a dream about his wife dying") was fundamentally just not a good enough reason for him to do what he did.

C/S this, I feel bad for dude who played Anakin because he gets consistently roasted for these movies but IMO he did better then oscar winner Natalie Portman did with the assbutter dialogue they were given. Lucas wrote dialogue so bad he made even Sam Jackson sound stuff and uninspired. The only two actors who really came away unscathed were Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid.

The writing is what did it, Anakin should have been more bad ass and more Vader-like. He didn't talk like Vader and his descent to the darkside was mad sloppy. Anakin should have been a bad ass dude that sometimes goes a little too hard when dispensing justice. Like, say him and Obi Wan run into some bullies picking on a kid. Anakin dispatches them and let's the kid run away but then is like :ufdup::shaq: To the bullies and is about to torture them on some extreme shyt until Obi Wan is like :whoa:. Something like that would have been better then the forced shyt with his mom and the sand people.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Palpatine: I beg you, use the power of the dark side to save the one you love. It's the only way to save Padme.

Anakin: *betrays Mace Windu, pledges his allegiance to the Sith and becomes Darth Vader*

Palpatine: Well see, when I said "save" her I meant that hopefully we could think of something :manny: now go kill these younglings for me right quick. :troll:

:gucci:

Anakin fell for Three-card Monte :francis:

Annie: Can we save my wife now?

ynmlNLu.gif

Palpatine: What's this 'we' business? :troll:

kRo5HSM.gif

Anakin:
AWBNrXz.gif

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Saving for Anakin's fall to the dark-side as the climax of trilogy was dumb. Should of been a second film climax. We never got prime Vader... Terrible decision.

On top of terrible writing. The films had some ideal structure and interesting characters, but horrible execution.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
It's a wonder Lucas got passed making the Phantom Menace. Even by his own admission he isn't a good director or writer, so it's odd he didn't have the same amount of help as he did with the OT. During that time there was Gary Kurtz, Marcia Lucas, and everybody at ILM, a group of people who didn't have a problem saying 'No' to George. Then came the prequels and we all know what happened there :snoop:

"I may have gone too far in a few places." Say word, George?
agSYrE2.png

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
The initial setup from Episode 2 through the middle of Sith was good, but then his final turn was mad rushed

nikka went from "What have I done????" to "What about the rest of the jedi? We must kill them" within 30 seconds

Then goes directly to slaughter kids that look up to him and call him master, even after Sidious told him he didn't really have the power to save Padme. What?

As soon as Sidious revealed he lied, Anakin should have been like "Yeah I'll go do your bidding:jawalrus:"..then go find Yoda and Obi-Wan and come back and murk that nikka