Did One Punch Man fumble the bag? What the hell happened?

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Season 1 of One Punch Man was arguably the GOAT season of anime in the history of animation. :whew: Every episode was hilarious and the action was top tier. It was one of the only anime with DBZ and maybe Naruto where I heard casuals talking about it. 8 years later and we got one mid second season and absolutely nothing since.

I know it cost a lot to animate something that wel but man it’s like it was on the way to dominating the scene then it was gone. :ohhh:

I know the manga is still going strong but why haven’t they animated any new material?

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The part they animated didn’t have the same juice the first season had:yeshrug:

Also Giving that the anime was pretty close to the manga they wouldn’t have much material to work with if they had more seasons

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
They changed animation companies. 2nd season animation was garbage so people stopped caring.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Mappa is doing season 3 currently it's taking long because they were doing Jujutsu kaisen season 2 and still finishing up Attack on Titan. Also, doesn't include whatever else they're working on :damn:

Yeah I vaguely remember a YouTuber saying that anime studios gotta be book years in advance for projects because they work on so many things at once.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The part they animated didn’t have the same juice the first season had:yeshrug:

Also Giving that the anime was pretty close to the manga they wouldn’t have much material to work with if they had more seasons
Garou arc was way better imho. It going into the Monster Association is in my top 5 anime arcs.

It was the animation downgrade that did it, but some folks also don't like how stuff from the Garou arc and beyond has a real story rather than just a continuance of the overpowered gag which was bound to get lame in a full series.