DevOps

Daps
Any of you work in a DevOps role?

Company I work for have asked me to move into this role....no programming background but from technical support background. Recommendations on books, things to learn and consider?

We're an AWS cloud house.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any of you work in a DevOps role?

Company I work for have asked me to move into this role....no programming background but from technical support background. Recommendations on books, things to learn and consider?

We're an AWS cloud house.
Get an acloudguru account and watch videos and do exercises for the tech stacks that you’re working in. Every shop is diff but generally speaking you need to know about terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, gitlab etc), learn about git and repos, etc

Daps
Get an acloudguru account and watch videos and do exercises for the tech stacks that you’re working in. Every shop is diff but generally speaking you need to know about terraform, CI/CD (Jenkins, gitlab etc), learn about git and repos, etc

I have acloud guru account that I was using for cloud practitioner exam few years back, I'll check their stuff out for CI/CD, git and repos. Would you say I should put my focus here for the first 3-6 months?

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Did you move into the role?

If so, how are things going for you?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good bump, I’m going on 5 years in this space (Devops, platform engineering) and it’s still days that I feel like a rook or clueless about tech stacks. just keep going and not let those cacs deter you

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Good bump, I’m going on 5 years in this space (Devops, platform engineering) and it’s still days that I feel like a rook or clueless about tech stacks. just keep going and not let those cacs deter you
What resources do you think are best to help with your learning?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of my learning these days take place during office hours but before it was acloudguru

Daps
Bumping this thread.

Thinking of doing a devops apprenticeship (2 years)..

@Formerly known as... whats the progress?

A lot of learning on the job and having a solid cloud engineer who has taught me a lot. I'm moving on to join a law firm as a devops engineer using power platform and dynamics 365 in October. My plan if I like the new job is to steer towards platform engineer and stay in the legal sector. Plenty of law firms around and many are still quite new into the world of cloud computing.

Use Plural sight, YouTube and acloudguru although a cloud guru I felt is better for exam prep. YouTube has some dope channels to follow. Tech world with Nana is a good channel for DevOps.