Dev says Gamepass has helped 7X game sales vs non gamepass games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
there’s a lot of people that would otherwise not have picked up the
game and played it.

“And those people, if you believe in what you’ve made, and you really you feel confident that you’ve made something special, or different– and we do with our game– those folks can become evangelists in a way for the title.

A lot of folks told me that non-Game Pass games that they ship versus Game Pass games, [they get] 7x sales.”

Goatpass:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you have an on the fringe game that's quality put it on that service to get more exposure. Game Pass is for AAA flops, old games that have sold through all they'll sell, indie titles that need exposure, new IPs from major publishers that need exposure, and Microsoft first party games. For almost everything else it doesn't make sense.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you have an on the fringe game that's quality put it on that service to get more exposure. Game Pass is for AAA flops, old games that have sold through all they'll sell, indie titles that need exposure, new IPs from major publishers that need exposure, and Microsoft first party games. For almost everything else it doesn't make sense.
What is "almost everythint else" ?

The only thing that's left if Established 3rd party Ips. Which is fine, and as more of these 3rd party games blow up because of gamepass you'll see at least some of the sequels on gamepass.

A plagues tale is a prime example of it, as will probably be High on life 2.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What is "almost everythint else" ?

The only thing that's left if Established 3rd party Ips. Which is fine, and as more of these 3rd party games blow up because of gamepass you'll see at least some of the sequels on gamepass.

A plagues tale is a prime example of it, as will probably be High on life 2.
Games that don't need the exposure of a subscription service to be successful. Game Pass for non-Microsoft games is an incubator for unproven works. It's perfect for that game people would play if they didn't have to pay for it but ain't spending the money on. That sort of game comes out and if it's good people start talking about it and it makes others want to play.

It's basically training wheels.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games that don't need the exposure of a subscription service to be successful. Game Pass for non-Microsoft games is an incubator for unproven works. It's perfect for that game people would play if they didn't have to pay for it but ain't spending the money on. That sort of game comes out and if it's good people start talking about it and it makes others want to play.

It's basically training wheels.
Can I get an example?
Seems like to me since this is untested water NO game needs the exposure of a sub service. However they help games get to a level they might not have otherwise. Before sub services a lot of these games would have been called "sleeper hits"
I also don't understand why you are trying to make this seem or sound like a bad thing you think fortnite blew up because of its attention to detail initially? Or was it because it was free and word of mouth, as well as innovation:jbhmm:

DO you think stray would have gotten goty nominations if not for being on a service for free? I highly doubt it, most people wouldn't have given it a chance. I for sure would have NEVER touched a plagues tale if not for gamepass... guess what now I'm buying it because I never finished part 1 and I want to play part 2.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can I get an example?
Seems like to me since this is untested water NO game needs the exposure of a sub service. However they help games get to a level they might not have otherwise. Before sub services a lot of these games would have been called "sleeper hits"
I also don't understand why you are trying to make this seem or sound like a bad thing you think fortnite blew up because of its attention to detail initially? Or was it because it was free and word of mouth, as well as innovation:jbhmm:

DO you think stray would have gotten goty nominations if not for being on a service for free? I highly doubt it, most people wouldn't have given it a chance. I for sure would have NEVER touched a plagues tale if not for gamepass... guess what now I'm buying it because I never finished part 1 and I want to play part 2.

Kodak Black is like Gamepass except better.

Jackboy is Stray.