Denzel's son Malcolm Washington directs John David and Sam Jackson in August Wilson "The Piano Lesson"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Washington sees his responsibility as both Hollywood connector and Wilson custodian. He convinced Wolfe, 66, the renowned theater director, to helm the new film; and then worked with Romero to hire his friend Samuel L. Jackson and his son, John David Washington, to appear in the next Wilson film, based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning “The Piano Lesson” (1987), a 1930s saga about ghosts and a family heirloom that will be overseen by Barry Jenkins. For the rest of the Cycle, which will be shot out of order over the following years, directors and actors such as Ryan Coogler, Ava DuVernay and Laurence Fishburne are all “circling,” Washington says. Over the phone this fall, he compared this undertaking to a relay race, passing on the baton in hopes of winning new audiences for the classics that Wilson left behind. “Lord knows he couldn’t take them with him,” Washington says. “And thank God he did leave them. Now they’ve left them in my hands, and I put them in other people’s hands.”

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I read the play for an acting class in college. I remember liking it, and making my mom read it. I don't remember the story, but I still have the book.

I'll make sure to watch this when it comes out.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
All this black nepotism, unearned DEI in Hollywood!!

Should have had directed by Stallone and staring his daughters and Arnold’s son.

:mjlol:

Last edited: