Denzel Washington and Spike Lee Reuniting to Remake Kurosawa’s ‘High and Low’ with A24 and Apple

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I am surprised there isn’t already a rapper who goes by that name in real life.

:snoop:
Probably a dozen of them. They probably just ended up in jail or dead before they "made it big" since you gotta be an idiot to name yourself that as a rapper :mjlol:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Probably a dozen of them. They probably just ended up in jail or dead before they "made it big" since you gotta be an idiot to name yourself that as a rapper :mjlol:
Young Thug says thug means “Truly Humbled Unded God”. :sas1:

being a crash dummy is a pre-requisite for these current rappers :manny:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I’m not mad at the Ice Spice addition to the movie.

Just disappointed Lee couldn’t avoid culture politics to gain relevancy among a younger audience.

Fortunately, I believe he always manages to put the art ahead of anything else so it’ll probably still be a good movie, but I feel like the Ice Spice casting could have gone to someone that would benefit more from being in a Spike Lee movie, career wise.

It’s an attempt to make the movie more culturally acceptable or appealing.
What does this even mean. Give some examples:mjpls:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
What does this even mean. Give some examples:mjpls:
It’s pretty simple and needs no examples to explain. Basically he could have casted any other working actor other than her but the reason she has value is because of her place in culture, not because she’s an accomplished actress.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Spike been washed

No

Idk wtf he was thinking with that old boy remake

Studio interference. They didn’t give Spike final cut and apparently the original cut is MUCH better. Thats why its billed as a “Spike Lee Film” and not “A Spike Lee Joint” because he was so angry that the studio butchered his cut he didn’t want it counting towards his filmography