• Meh

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • fukk yeah

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Colors is a banger, and is the first, or amongst the very first Holmywood films to ever put a highlight of the L.A. gang culture. What's your opinion on the film?

Colors is a 1988 film directed by Dennis Hopper, depicting the war between The Bloods, The Crips, The Latino gangs and The Police.

Sean Penn is a young officer looking to crack heads, while his seasoned veteran partner, played by Robert Duvall, perfers to take things a bit slower.

The co-stars of this film really shine. Din Cheadle, Damon Wayans, Grand L Bush and others really do their best to protray the hrsh realities of the story.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Very entertaining, but after being stationed in California and interacting with the residents/gang members in Watts and Compton ('cause I got lost taking buses from Anaheim into LA) I found out it was over exaggerated. Then again, I was there for the Rodney King Riots when shyt went left.

6/10 rating from me.​

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Very entertaining, but after being stationed in California and interacting with the residents/gang members in Watts and Compton ('cause I got lost taking buses from Anaheim into LA) I found out it was over exaggerated. Then again, I was there for the Rodney King Riots when shyt went left.

6/10 rating from me.​
Get on the bus with a red bandana and tell me if you still think it's over exaggerated :mjlol:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Get on the bus with a red bandana and tell me if you still think it's over exaggerated :mjlol:
Breh, I was walking around wearing my school colors - Red and Black - got pulled-up on by three cats wearing dikkies asking me what 'set' I was with and I was like, 'Yo, man. I ain't even from here. I'm stationed over in Orange County and just got lost.' At first, they ain't believe me.......until I told them I was from NJ.

No one lies about being from here for clout.....especially back in the late-80's, or now.

:russ:

After that, went drinking with them at some strip club and they invited me to a cookout the next week......but told me not to wear anything red to it.​

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Breh, I was walking around wearing my school colors - Red and Black - got pulled-up on by three cats wearing dikkies asking me what 'set' I was with and I was like, 'Yo, man. I ain't even from here. I'm stationed over in Orange County and just got lost.' At first, they ain't believe me.......until I told them I was from NJ.

No one lies about being from here for clout.....especially back in the late-80's, or now.

After that, went drinking with them at some strip club and they invited me to a cookout the next week......but told me not to wear anything red to it.​
If someone asked you where you was from because you was wearing the wrong thing, you was this close to getting smoked lol. Dont even know it :smh:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
If someone asked you where you was from because you was wearing the wrong thing, you was this close to getting smoked lol. Dont even know it :smh:
It was all good, though. They didn't come at me all aggressive, more just curious. They could tell I wasn't from there because my accent was too thick and how I was walking.

To me, they all sounded 'country'.

Also, when they asked what 'set' I was with, I looked confused because back then, in NJ/NY, a 'set' was a party, not a gang.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
How did Hightop have earrings and dreads in prison?
How did that crip lift him up like a fukking rag doll? Lol.