Demographics of College actually matter

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
I bet lots of people assume this and based their college choice on it, but i also know lots of people dont care because your going for education, right?

I know i didnt take it into account, so i ended up at a school with about a 5-10% minority population(probably under 5%), thats everything, mostly asians and blacks (ive seen about 10 blacks on campus, an arab dude i know, and thats it besides some asians who act just like white girls). It doesnt help im in north carolina, and i go to a school that attracts sheltered kids, so its not like a learned racism its like an uncertainty racism, a distrust based on our media image and the difference in culture. These kids are busy going to indie festivals and raves, and knitting gay pride mittens or whatever, while im doin my thing with beats and smoking an shyt. Needless to say i dont fukkin get these ppl, i cant hang out with most of them strictly because of their terrible senses of humor and taste in everything.

If your a minority picking a school, know education is the main factor, but when it comes to other things demographics is very important. You dont want to be in an environment where you literally cant trust anyone because probably over half the school is racist to a degree. Ive pretty much only seen blacks hangin together, i love being a person who hangs with every demographic, i have a hispanic gang, a good amount of black friends, an a good amount of white friends (this is in my old school). But here, i cant be friends with these dudes, cus the only reason i was friends with the white ppl at home was cus they could hang wit us since they live in a city with a 30% black population. This shyt is unnerving, tbh it makes me not wanna throw myself out there since i dont know how ppl will react to me, ive already seen ppl who basically shrug me off cus theyre uneasy around me.

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
shyt just now i was sittin at a table wit my white friend he invited me over, there were these white girls who were there before but they moved when i came, i never experienced shyt like that before. Where im from white ppl tried to fit in wit black people. I was talkin to my boy too an he said hella ppl were racist, like shyt wasnt even funny. Mind you these are hippy people, they talk but they dont walk, they would say support welfare, but they still dont want to even be around blacks, dont think because society is having a paradigm shift that tons of white people arent still racist. I think treyvon reminded us that we arent even close to getting over this shyt, and every country in the world knows it and laughs at us when we act like it isnt true. Makes me want to get militant or something, i was sleepin on this since id never seen it before but i see how srs this shyt is, im understanding why we do need to stick together as a race its a cold war out here.