Delonte West beaten up and apparently homeless

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
My brother is schizophrenic. Really not much you can do for them outside of forced detainment if they break the law. If they don’t want to take their meds, this is America, you can’t make them. My brother is full manic like Delonte when he isn’t on meds. And he doesn’t like the meds, they essentially make him fat, sleepy and destroy his personality. I hate to see him both on and off meds. I wish there were more health facilities to deal with mental illness, but they’ve been slashing mental health budgets for years now.

The medicine that made your brother sleepy is quetiapine, and the medicine that makes you fat is trazodone. Ask about clozaril, it is the same price as quetiapine and trazodone. It really saved my dad.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cac he has been diagnosed already. He is clearly mentally ill. nikkas quick to pop off when they havent dealt with mental illness personally.negged

U negged me coz I said he had mental illness , or not have mental illness

Read my post AGAIN.. :why:

Is kallin someone a CAC ,who ain't a CAC supposed 2 hurt ..ouch :picard:

Go take your meds :sas2: now u got sunthin 2 really Neg me about :martin::mjtf::snoop:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Yeah if you live in PG County then you prolly ran into this nikka at some point. Last time I seen him was like a year and a half ago right around my way in Fort Washington in front of the tobacco shop/Chinese Carryout. The way one of the articles described it, sounds like he had a house on the side of my neighborhood that’s on the river where the rich nikkaz at. He seemed ok when I seen him, but the gear he had on didn’t exactly LOOK like he had been in the NBA.

Shame. He’ll end up in St. E’s at this rate, don’t let him go to the city lunched out like this slim gon be lookin down MLK Blvd through a window with a straitjacket. Prayers up frfr.
Yeah man sounds kinda like Victor Page and how I used to hear about folks seeing him around PG County in bad mental shape, until the streets started dealing with him.

Them young nikkas don’t care about your mental health. They’ll fukk you up..

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
The medicine that made your brother sleepy is quetiapine, and the medicine that makes you fat is trazodone. Ask about clozaril, it is the same price as quetiapine and trazodone. It really saved my dad.

Appreciate the information and wrote it down for future reference. Right now he isn’t taking any meds and hasn’t for some years. Just heavy marijuana use. The good news is his housing has been stable and he’s been able to maintain this way, which is all we can really ask

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t see how you help someone like this at this point. You lock him up and restrain him like he’s the Joker or some shyt....is that really helping him?

you medicate him to the point where he can’t even talk without drooling everywhere....is that helping him?

Dude is wayyyyyy wayyyyyy past “step in and help”
Idk man you never know. Some times things turn around for people after they hit rock bottom. The widespread attention this got may be for the better. Maybe he will agree to a stint at rehab and a facility.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Reading this article for first time and its remarkable he made it to the league to begin with. Tells you the type of talent he mustve had in high school/college. That Saint Josephs team with Jameer was super fun to watch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0e047a-de19-11e4-b6d7-b9bc8acf16f7_story.html
He was great in high school but he wasn't "God". Like he was talented but wasnt the type of player that you look at and immediately say he's a lock to make it to the NBA. If he played 2 or 3 years of D-1 and ended up in Europe, nobody would've been surprised or look at him as a failure.

My point is that he had to work to become the player he was in high school, then in college and then work to become a solid veteran NBA player. He wasn't coasting off talent, he was excelling despite his mental condition.

Every step was a struggle and its amazing that he made it as far as he did

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Can I ask yall a question...
Why are they reposting an old video of him?
Along side a video of a man getting beaten, saying that's him....?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Mental Illness is no joke...
I know people say where are the family/friends? However, sometimes its beyond their control and ultimately you have to save yourself. Especially when the person is really destructive.
Just hope he gets the help he needs.