Def Jam: Fight for NY Netplay (Dolphin Emulator) Community

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Bump
The community is doing their weekly stream check us out.

Edit: This is the first time running this weekly so there are some delays

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I was in a group a couple years ago where we would play nfl street/nba street online. shyt was cool. I might join in on this but i haven't touched def jam in years. would get my ass kicked lol.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I was in a group a couple years ago where we would play nfl street/nba street online. shyt was cool. I might join in on this but i haven't touched def jam in years. would get my ass kicked lol.
Luckily the game isn't really that hard to get into at all compared to other fighters. Like I just started actually playing somewhat seriously this week and been doing decent plus the higher level players love to show new players the ropes. The biggest thing is actually getting the parries and throw breaks down and optimizing the damage based on the style your character uses. I use Ludacris and a big part of his damage is getting the heavy grabs and doing the clinches. Here is the tier list for the game:
Def_Jam_Fight_For_New_York_Tier_List_Graphic_with_Header.png

the competitive community is still fairly small and new so shyt has been changing quite a bit but hopefully we can get a decent scene and get matches going more often.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
We need one for WWF No Mercy. That shyt would be :banderas:
tried doin one for Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C & Stadium. sadly it didnt work out

would love to see some classic nintendo games have netplay over kallira outside of just 007

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Just an update right now the discord is trying to find alternatives to using dolphin netplay because it seems to be region locked. Right now we are looking at using the PS2 version with a program called Parsec. This method will help those that may not have as powerful computers that can run the emulator since its just streaming the host and this also gets rid of the region locking problem that dolphin had.

tried doin one for Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C & Stadium. sadly it didnt work out

would love to see some classic nintendo games have netplay over kallira outside of just 007

parsec might be the solution for that issue.

Last edited: